Who Killed the Electric Car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

An interesting EV link:
    http://www.autobloggreen.com/2006/07...me-for-55-000/

BTW

ex-EV1 driver and everyone else can see a fully restored, working EV1 at http://www.hybridfest.com

Hybrid diesels, plug-in hybrids, technology demonstrations and everything hybrid automotive will be there.

Located next to the Madison County fair can be a whole family affair- so much to see and do.

I am happy GM did away with rail transport, If there is any truth to the web site Bjorn posted.

I would much rather drive to a destination than ride some dumb rail car that can't get me to the destination I want to get to.

How many people here that talk about public mass transit actually use it? In my home town I watch city busses drive all over town with little or no passengers on board. I guess that proves that given a chioce between cars and mass transit cars will always win

God bless GM

Dont know wher Chirs live, but here in NYC area
    (where trains and subway survived GM) Despite
    the transit system age it carries millions per day.
    GM got rid of trains and replaced them with buses
    that Chris dislike. Thats the point. If I could jump
    on a train to work I would.

I read over the website with great interest until I got to the "What can I do?" section. Here, I found a perfect example of a major part of the problem. Their #1 suggestion: "Plant a tree."

While planting a tree would help reduce polution and make the arborists happy, it does absolutely nothing pertinent to the issue. It's so completely defeatist to suggest that the only thing you can do about a viable, yet surpressed technology is 'plant a tree.' They might as well say "There's nothing anyone can do." Are we (all) really prepared to accept that?

PS to the above message: "the website" that I was referring to was www whokilledtheelectriccar com

Wow, I missed that part. It is pretty lame (true but kind off topic). The second column and the rest of the site, however, are surprisingly good, especially for a movie company.

Bjorn

I live in a suburb west of Milwaukee, Milwaukee has been trying to pass light rail for the last 15 years and can't get it done, Good thing to

As for the busses you say I don't like you are correct, However, They make more sense than any rail system around. Busses can turn down any city street. They can also be redirected to other parts of the city when more busses are needed, Light rail can't do either of these, It can ride only on the tracks that are in place.

I have been to NYC and have rode the subway, NYC is a unique situation you have a large population in a small area making parking and traffic problems, You also have tons of taxi cabs.

So, what works for NYC is not good for areas that have lower populations in a large area like Milwaukee

So if GM killed rail transit and made money selling busses that is a good thing, Aint progress grand!

Did anybody happen to see what happened in India and Chicago yesterday, Sad situations both of them, Both happened on rail.

Plant a tree, I can accept that! Seems like the only logical thing that would come out of a web site or a movie that would slam the only car company that would give the writer of the movie the car he wanted.

Me, I'll stick with petrol fuels, they make the most sense, Atleast I can drive 600 miles on a tank with the TDI and not have to stop after 100 miles or so and plug it in

Kinda like that bus vs rail argument don't ya think?
    Petrol cars make sense electric cars don't. God bless GM for pulling the plug.