+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

I just purchased a 2010

I just purchased a 2010 Lacross and my wife is experiencing the same problems. They are all the same no matter what brand you buy... Good luck... We've tryed almost all of them... Safety regulation my a..

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

This is a common complaint,

This is a common complaint, and the headrests seem to be a problem mostly for short people like myself (I am a 5'4" woman).

I took my headrests and ran over them with the car. No kidding. It bent the posts into a straight position, and solved the problem. I had to run on them twice to get them as flat as I wanted them, and it is a good idea to have someone hold them in place while you do this so that they won't slide, and the posts will be bent evenly.

I also suggest putting a layer of corregated cardboard on the top of the headrest before you run over it so you don't damage your tires, as the rod is bent at a "V" shaped angle on the inside of the headrests. If you are really strong, a vise might work too.

Next I am going to take the headrests to an upholstery shop and have the foam trimmed so that the headrests are flush with the seat back. They look fine the way they are; I am just picky. The cover will have to be trimmed down, as the post holes will change position once I trim the foam.

To heck with the "safety feature" of these headrests to avoid whiplash. I was getting whiplash like pain from using them anyway.

Best of luck, this worked like a charm for me !

Wow, I think I just solved

Wow, I think I just solved the mystery as to why I started having migrane headaches for about a year. Thats when I bought my 2009 civic. This headrest problem is awful and I cannot live with this pain anymore.

I am contacting Honda by email and sending them a link to this forum. If we tweet about this maybe it will get some notice.

Thanks for all the advice.

Okay, well, there is no way

Okay, well, there is no way to email Honda. Two things I did do, however. Tweet about it. Also, Honda will pay for alterations to your car for physical disabilities. My doctor knows the problem with the headrest and will support me in filling out the paperwork. It's simple, if I can't get the headrest fixed I will continue to have migranes, which is debilitiating. The car is acutally causing the disability. Take that Honda!

I bought my 06 Honda Civic

I bought my 06 Honda Civic EX recently. It was great except the headrests. I asked my chiropractor to look at them. He said that if I get in an accident, it will cause immediate and severe compression problems in my neck. I'm going to try turning them backwards and if that doesn't work, I'll start looking until I find a better set. I have enough back and neck problems. I don't need them to get worse.

We have a 2008 Honda Civic

We have a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid and have the same headrest complaint as all of the previous comments. When we called our dealer, there suggestion was to turn the headrests around.

I want to buy the 2010 Honda

I want to buy the 2010 Honda Accord, but the headrest is slanted forward at such an aggressive angle that it's a deal breaker. The extreme slant means that there's no support at all for the upper back and neck, just a big gaping hole. This puts one in a physical position that's fatiguing, uncomfortable, and even painful. Perhaps it's worse for short women -- I'm 5'1".

Such a beautiful car, and such an excruciatingly non-ergonomic headrest! er, "head restraint," as it's now being called. Sounds ominous ... feels worse.

Could you show us a picture

Could you show us a picture of the ...fixed.. headrest?
    Did you drive over the whole headrest or just the rods?
    Did you drive from the top to the bottom or from
    left to right,looking at the headrests?
    Looking forward to your reply.

I will never buy a Honda

I will never buy a Honda with these headrests! Drove a CRV 1 block and realized it would NEVER be comfortable. Honda is really missing the boat on this.

I just bought a 2010 Honda

I just bought a 2010 Honda Crosstour. I've adjusted the seat every which way, and no matter what I do, the headrest is extremely uncomfortable. It pushes my head forward, and I feel every bump in the road in the back of my skull.

If I had driven the car more beforehand, I would never have bought it. I can't see getting used to this. I wish I could get my money back.