+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Uncomfortable headrest in 06 HCH?

p.s. I don't know if the Lemon Laws will apply. But I think it's important to send a certified letter in writing to Honda. If it's not in writing, there's no way to actually prove they've logged your complaint.

My neck is still hurting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Well I guess I am in good company. My wiffe and I went to test drive an 07 CRV. After a twenty minute test drive we were both in pain! We loved the vehicle but, we will not buy it with this issue. I am going to call Honda (1-800-999 10090) To complain and let them know they lost a sale. ?We have an 03 Pilot and there is no problem as the headrests are not forcing the head forward. By the way if you turn the headrests around, it looks really stupid and in the event of a crash yoiu have no real protection. A friend of mine just purchased an 07 Hyndai Santa Fe and has the same complaint. The whole industry needs to wake up to the problem. I also have a 05 Ford 500. I had to turn the headrests around for the same reason. Do whatever you can to get the word out.
    J. Morgan
    Columbia, SC

When is Honda going to recall these faulty head rests? My neck is burning with pain.

Class action lawsuit please!

I am working on a letter to Honda but My Neck Hurts so badly, I cannot stay on the computer too long.

Honda, please do something about this!!!

Found the same problem with my week-old '07 Sonata. I can't stand it. It's very comfortable when I remove the headrest, but I wouldn't want to drive without one. My wife reclines more when she drives, and doesn't notice it so much. Seems quite a few newer sedans 'feature' a similar problem. Going to see if any auto customization shops can either modify the existing headrest (scoop out some of the foam and/or change the angle) or provide an aftermarket headrest. I know there are plenty of options if you want a new headrest with a built-in DVD player ...

My wife and I went to the dealer to purchase a 2007 Civic a few days ago. I'd done all the research but not yet taken a test drive. Good thing we drove before purchasing. The headrest pushed my wife's head so far forward her chin nearly touched her chest. She's 5'3'' tall. At 6' the problem was not nearly so bad for me but still slightly uncomfortable. The salespeople at the dealership acted as though they'd never heard this complaint before. Based on all the postings I've subsequently seen on this Website, it looks like Honda is well aware of the problem. Bottom line is we didn't buy. Seems like Honda would want to correct what appears to be a basic design problem. I wrote a letter to customer services, for what it's worth. However, I won't be buying a Civic any time soon.

Yes, we must stay vigilant! I am a yoga teacher with a straight back, and am getting punished for my good posture. Reading all the mail with complaints about the headrests makes me cry. What is even more annoying is that sales people as well as the higher-ups at Honda act as if I were unique with my complaints. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to read these complaint letters and know that many other unaware buyers are now stuck with a design flaw.
    I am someone who usually can make things work. When I felt the discomfort in my back during my 2 mile test drive, my first reaction was: I love the car, somehow I'll find a way to tweak the head rests. Well, the rest is history, no such luck.
    Someone wrote that if Honda gets 1000 complaints, they will act. Let's speak up! In the meantime, I warn my friends to stay away from the new Honda Civics, unless they are slouches.

Add my name to the list, Honda. The headreat design is one glaring flaw in a car that is otherwise a terrific value. There is nothing safe about driving around with a stiff neck! I will be consulting with legal counsel about the best way to get something done about this.

I though I would love the car ... I have owned 87 Civic ... own a 89 Civic and a 2000 Odyssey ... safe/comfort/efficient ... but the 89 is getting a little old ... so why not ... splurge and get the beautiful 2007 Civic EX ... how dissappointed ... a Honda lifer with neck aches after driving my new Civic home from the dealer ... I cannot believe this[ heart broken along with the Neck ache ] ... HONDA has made a terrible mistake and I expect it will be fixed !! .... good gosh !?!? has to be ... Honda Civic ... the words mean quality in workmanship ... pride .. 1st CLass .... this must be a MAJOR Error. I am calling my dealership tomorrow and returning my brand new car ... rediculous !! Height 6'2" Weight 210

Same head rest problem in my 2007 Honda Pilot

I thought there was something wrong with me or my neck till I read everyones posts. I so think they need to do a recall on all Honda cars and SUV's that have this problem. The head rest in my Honda Pilot is far forward like that and I have to lean my seat back to make it more confortable but I still get neck pain and head aches. I think I will type something up and send it to Honda Canada. I have been very depressed about all this and it is not fair for us that get the lower priced LX model to have to suffer neck pain and headaches because we didn't buy the pricier model.

Many modern headrests hurt...

This is a problem that goes way beyond Hondas and hybrids. For years, I drove a SAAB 9000 with an added backrest that abolished any lateral support the seat once had and insulated me from the seat heaters, just so I could hold my head up straight. My Subaru Forester was somewhat uncomfortable until I unzipped the upholstery and used a hot knife to carve away about one of the four inches of padding behind my head. The Ford Focus I looked at the other day had a steeply-forward headrest. Only my wife's Golf gets this right, with height and angle adjustable over a wide range.

I think this is a problem caused by singleminded application of safety standards. For the best crash test results, we'd all be strapped in like astronauts, our heads immobilized against headrests. But that's uncomfortable driving a car, because you'd feel every bump in the road without your neck's natural flexibility (The Final Shock Absorber, I call it). And dangerous, too, because you can't turn your head and see.

Meanwhile, American drivers are getting fatter. Many older (and younger) persons slouch their heads and shoulders far forward. I bet they're starting to make crash test dummies with this faulty posture, too. My upper back's as straight as a solidier's- that's not a boast, it's just genetic-- so I don't need the headrest swept foward, but Joe Slouch probably does. To save him, my posture has to be mechanically altered?

I DON'T WANT HEAD "RESTS"! I want head restraints, to catch my coconut in emergencies only, please!