+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Uncomfortable headrest in 06 HCH?

Hehe I wonder if we have enough people complaining about this problem we can start a lawsuit if they don't do anything to change.
    I have the new Toyota Camry 2007 and my neck hurt all day from 1 hour driving in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon.
    My friend has a Ford SUV with adjustable head rest (can tilt back and fort). Really comfortable.
    Honda and Toyota, they have year 2007 models already and they haven't thought of putting a comfortable headrest in their cars. I think they want us to pay more for that in the higher models.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hey, ME, TOO. We purchased an '06 Civic and I didn't feel at the test driving time that the headrest was a real issue. However, at this time, it is a REAL issue. After reading the other reviews, I just have to say AMEN. I tried turning the headrest around, but then safety is an issue. Maybe the backrest will help. I can't believe that is the only alternative. Meanwhile, I have to lean the seat back more than I want in order to sit fairly comfortably.

HELP! Did I hear someone mention class action suit?

PS. We have a '97 Civic which is totally comfortable.

I have the same problem with my Civic hybrid. I talked with a friend of mine who has a similar problem who is sldo a mechanical engineer. Our conclusion is that it is combination of two factors, one of which is often cited. The first is a driver height issue, which can be somewhat accomodated for with the adjustable height of the headrest. The second is a weight issue. Heavier drivers have more padding which requires the headrest to be pushed further forward to properly align their head with their spine. The people having problems with the headrest being too far forward are typically thinner individuals. With every thing else related to the seat being adjustable, why is the headrest angle not as well? This is what I call a design flaw. The only things I can think of to do about it are either finding some sort of suitable aftermarket replacement headrest or adding a seat cushion/plliow to adjust your height and push your back forward relative to the headrest.

I just test drove a 2006 Civic and the headrest problem is the first thing I noticed. The rest of the car filled our needs perfectly. I'm 5'6" and found it very uncomfortable. My 6'2" husband was more comfortable. When I sat in the Accord, I didn't notice the problem. Our accommodating salesperson tried putting the Accord headrest on the Civic, and that seemed to help quite a bit. There was no problem with it fitting into the slots and it has a slimmer profile than the Civic headrest. Purchasing an Accord headrest from the parts dept. might solve this problem.

Can we complain to Honda for a recall and get the headrest changed?

I am getting massive headaches on this headrest because it keeps on pushing my head forward. I cannot get my neck on neutral with the headrest.!!!!

This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called Honda Canada and complained about my Honda Civic Sedan LX's headrest. The headrest is pushing my head forward resulting in massive headaches.

Honda says there is no complaint about this before....

He documented my complaint and if 1000 people complain about this, Honda will take action.

Please call Honda immediately about the Headrest Protrusion Issue:

Honda Customer Relations
    1-888-946-6329
    800am - 730pm Monday to Friday

Make sure Honda Documents your complaint and if you do call, log something here so we can tally if we got 1000 people complaining about this.

We need 1000 complaints For Honda to change out faulty headrest.

CALL TODAY:
    HONDA CUSTOMER RELATIONS
    1-888-946-6329
    800AM TO 730 PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY.
    REQUEST FOR YOUR COMPLAINT TO BE DOCUMENTED.

THANKS!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one noticing this design flaw! While I didn't buy a hybrid, I did purchase the 2006 Civic Couple LX last June. The headrest didn't really start bothering me until a week after I bought it. It's really causing me pain in my neck! I contacted the Honda dealership and they said they can't make any adjustments because it's a safety issue. I was thinking of bringing the car into an upholstery shop and seeing if they will be able to bend the headrest back about an inch or two? Would that be advisable?

I have noticed that almost all new cars are coming with these terriable unadjustable forward tilting head rests. All the new mustangs have them as do the many of the new cars from Chrysler. The really do suck and make driving very un comfortable. The reason I heard manufactures are doing it is because it is suposed to reduce the chance of wiplash from a rear-end collision. Personally I would rather take my chances with wiplash than drive around with a stiff neck. I would imagine if enough people complaine the manufactures will eventually change them.

I hate the headrest also!!! Tilts WAY forward!! How on earth did they overlook this?!