+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Uncomfortable headrest in 06 HCH?

Do any other 06 HCH owners find the headrests really uncomfortable?

I just got my 2006 Civic hybrid, and for the most part, I love it. However, after a week of driving to and from work (1 hour each way), I'm finding the headrest very uncomfortable (even painful!).

The problem is that the headrests tilt forward, but are not adjustable forwards and backwards. Plus, they're quite hard. As a result, I start to get neck cramps from having to lean my head forward.

My solution so far has been to lean the seat way back, but that has its own comfort issues.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen many other folks complaining about this. Maybe I just have a sensitive neck!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

The same headrests are in my Honda Civic EX. I have had my car for less than two weeks and have terrible neck cramps. What can we do?

I actually like my headrests on my 06 HCH (they are a bit firm though). I find myself getting drousy if my head is tilted too far back or too relaxed. Now, at 6'0" I would really enjoy finding a new spot for that blasted park brake handle. I like to relax the legs a bit on long trips and the dang thing digs right into my right knee area.

I have no problem with the headrest. I tend to sit pretty upright though. I wish the seat was more comfortable in the lower back region though. That is where it is uncomfortable for me.

I agree, I just got my car 2006 Honda Civic EX on Friday and already hate the headrest. I knew it would be a problem when I test drove the car but I loved everything else about it that I figured I could find a solution.

I am searching on-line right now for a solution of something to attach to make up the difference in space from my shoulders to the top of my head.

I thought about going to a junk yard to see about head rests from other cars that might work.

Help if anyone out there has an answer (sharongrisham2001@yahoo.com).

Thanks!

Well, in the month that I've owned the car, I guess I've sort of gotten used to the headrests. I basically lean my seat way back (farther than I'd like to)...perhaps the folks that dislike the headrests prefer to sit more upright.

According to my local Honda dealer, no other Honda headrests will fit the new Civics. I have complained to Honda customer service about the headrests, not that I'm expecting anything to come of it.

Besides this one problem, though, the car's great! Can't beat 48mpg!

I just bought an 06 Civic Hybrid and am having mixed impressions of comfort to be generous. The emergency brake lever rubs against my right leg and the headrest angle is way off IMHO. The contour of the seat is way different from the headrest - it just doesn't flow. Since I was a cyclist my legs are a bit large but the headrest thing seems altogether unrelated to my dimensions.

Since I am downscaling from an Infiniti, perhaps my expectations are unrealistic but it seems a new car shouldn't hurt

I've had my Civic 06 hybrid for about 4 weeks. I also hate the headrest. I have taken the headrest off and turned it around backwards. No more neck pain, but I am worried about what will happen when the airbag goes off, and my head snaps back...So now I am trying a rolled up towel going down the middle of my back, and that seems to help. I've only driven a short distance like this. Joanne

I have the 06 (nonhybrid) and found the same problem with the head restraint. My solution was to get a seat cushion for the back. It gave me about a 1/2 inch clearance so my head isn't being pushed forward anymore. In the two days I've had the car it's the only thing I didn't like, but boy I really didn't like it.