+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

I would not jump the gun,

I would not jump the gun, just deal with it when the Maintenance Minder comes on. As long as you're in some sort of town there's likely a Honda dealership: check online to verify.

When you push your sel/reset button (just quick presses, not press and hold) it cycles the information display (lcd display directly under the tachometer). One of the displays is the oil life. It starts at 100%, and steps down in 10% increments till 20%, then 5% increments.

At 15% the wrench symbol will come on, and persist each time you start the car, untill you press (momentarily) the sel/reset button. But the owners manual stipulates you still have to zero percent, if you like.

Personally I change the oil when it hits 15%, but you don't have to. In our experience it get's to 15% roughly every 9000km's (around 6000 miles).

Again, I would wait till the MM tells you: an early change will mess up the schedule. Also note, I believe the first oil is special, tailored for the break-in period, and it's likely bad to change it out early.

Also, if the maintenance minder says service "A", this does *not* include an oil filter change. In my experience you have to fight to avoid filter change at dealership. It's no big deal, you can cave in and let them change the filter. When I do my own service "A" changes, I take the filter off, pour out the oil and re-install it, fwiw.

BTW, I didn't know there was a civic coupe hybrid

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I purchased a 2010 Civic

I purchased a 2010 Civic Hybrid in October and really love it so far. I have already had the oil changed once and will need to again in early summer. When I had the vehicle in for the first oil change the advisor at the desk told me that the vehicle should have something done to the brakes every other oil change. I think she said it had something to do with the regeneration system. No price for that service was discussed and in the mean time I have been thinking it sounded rather fishy. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Try setting the temperature

Try setting the temperature a little warmer when "ON", then turn "Off" vents.

read the manual....I dont

read the manual....I dont think ANYONE here has read the manual. Hold the SEL/RESET button and start the car while continuing to hold the button. It will reset in about 5-10 seconds. FYI...an owners manual comes with every new vehicle

Dear Sir\ Madam, I bought a

Dear Sir\ Madam,
    I bought a Hybrid Honda Civic 2006 a year ago. the battery gave me 80% at the computer check.But now I face a problem which is the charging of the battery. It gives a full charging quickly and discharging as well. sometimes it shows normal charging and discharging. Please advise me soon since I live in Jordan and there aren't too many dealers I can trust. I love my Honda. Best regards

Dear Sir\ Madam, I bought a

Dear Sir\ Madam,
    I bought a Hybrid Honda Civic 2006 a year ago. the battery gave me 80% at the computer check.But now I face a problem which is the charging of the battery. It gives a full charging quickly and discharging as well. sometimes it shows normal charging and discharging. Please advise me soon since I live in Jordan and there aren't too many dealers I can trust. I love my Honda. Best regards

i have Honda civic hybrid

i have Honda civic hybrid model 2006 i wanted to know that witch gear oil to put in to change it CVT or ATF plzz tel me i love my Honda