+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    What the dealers tell you concerning the maintenance minder is irrelevant. Just follow the book as written by Honda. The dealers never know best.

As a matter of fact, a dealership that states you should not follow the maintenance minder is a bad dealership. Please report them to your Regional Honda Office and include references to the names of the people at the dealership who made such statements. Meanwhile please do get another dealership.

The HCH-2 uses a series of cooperative algorithms that take the commulative average RPM's, vehicle mileage since last service, environment temperature ranges, average internal temperatures and average trip durations (among a few lesser ones) to derive the oil's life percentage.

Honda introduced the maintenance minder on the HCH in order to ensure that the vehicle maintenance is performed at the right time.

Please note that the first oil should not be changed anytime before the maintenance minder calls for its change. The factory oil contains additives and conditioners that are critical to the engine's long life. Honda is VERY clear about this and a dealership that does not follow the maintenance specifications for these cars is a poorly educated and trained dealership.

Cheers;

MSantos

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Stealerships

12-29: It seems that there are a lot of Honda dealerships that are more attuned to the culture and philosophy of Henry Ford and Louis Chevrolet than Soichiro Honda. The ones who advise customers to ignore Honda's maintenance minder should be called stealerships. How do customers report them to Honda management and what is the likelihood that Honda will do anything about their unscrupulous behavior?

Contact the Honda customer service number printed in your vehicle's documentation. Alternatively you can write a letter to them clearly outlining the incidents and the dealership personnel involved in the incidents.

There have been times where Honda has penalized the dealerships in a veriety of ways including the forcing of the dealership's closure or change in its management.

Cheers;

MSantos

Quote Originally Posted by oklasooners View Post
    after reading the manual and doing the math with the milage that I have driven and the % oil change, is it true that you get it changed every 8,000 miles? I just wanted to make sure before I get to far past 5,000. Thanks

http://www.seventhgeneration.com/
    It varies from car to car. Some cars will reach 15% in less than 5000 miles. Others may go as high as 12000 miles or more. It all depends on how the car is driven.

Cheers;

MSantos

This information is only applicable to the 2006 and 2007 Civic Hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorsha View Post
    1. Why do I need *according to my dealership* maintenance at 4001 miles? Is this routine following the break in period?
    Because the dealership loves you and your business (cough: money). Also because they may apply that rule to all traditional gas-only vehicles.

In any case, DO NOT listen to them. Instead, follow the vehicles "Maintenance Minder" and your user's manual as you are supposed to do.

2. I have purigen in my tires. I am not sure if this is standard, but I've got it and I am curious if for maintenance it can be filled from a standard pump, or if id need to always take it to my dealer.
    Filling your tires with an alternate gas offers little if any advantage. Conceptually (and in principle) it may make sense but the benefits are non-existent in regular driving regimes. Some folks will claim it is yet another money making gimmick - I tend to agree.
    You can fill them from a standard pump.

3. Has anyone else found a seller of wiper blades? This site is great, and I've bought my heatshield and plate frame from them. Fortunately they also have the blades. www.handaparts.com
    Honda dealerships typically offer refill blades for very competitive prices. However, the site you mention (and a few others) can be the best way to get these online. I prefer to always get Honda genuine part and these sites carry them... So, pick what you like best.

4. Does anyone else have a problem with their pinstripes??? I have already had to go back once to have it fixed. The corners seem to want to peel up
    No pinstipes on mine. I hate those things as they are hard to manage and also interfere with the seasonal paint sealant I apply.

5. I was reading about the headrests and how it needs a certain number of people to call in... and I'm not sure if anyone else here was interested, but they do not offer a trunk tray for the civic hybrid. I had called and they say that the marketing team will look into it because now there is interest in the product. If anyone else is interested, please call Honda and let them know.
    The head rests have been a perenial source of discussion but I doubt Honda will change them. They claim the ergonomics and design are required to increase the safety of the occupants. Some people will order Accord headrests and replace the OEM HRs with great success. But since the head rests are part of the active restraint system I could see possible liability issues emerging if you get involved injury causing accident.

They offer a trunk tray for the 2007 HCH which also fits the 2006. So ask them for the Honda part for a 2007 HCH.

Cheers;

MSantos

Thank you so much Msantos!

I do agree wholeheartedly about the pinstripes.. they are a bother. My dealership already had them on the car and normally I would not get them because they are just stickers and stickers peel...

I am SO happy there is an 07 trunk tray! YAY! You are the best!!!

As far as the Purigen thing goes, I am not sure why, but my car came that way pre-purigen-ized. Poor thing... But thank you for letting me know

I do ok with my headrest as long as I do not put my hair up. I have finally found the perfect position... it required months of adjusting both the tilt of the chair and the height, and now its alright.

Thank you again for all your help!!

My dealer said that the car will not need an oil change until the oil life on the car reaches 15%. My car reached 15% oil life just shy of 7,000 miles

Laurie,

Any reputable mechanic or oil change shop should carry the 0w20 oil. Just make sure that it is API SM 0w20. That way you can be assured that it meets Honda's specifications. If you do need to use something else in a pinch, try to use a 5w30. With that being said, I would recommend that you change that oil soon there after once you find a suitable 0w20 that you can use.

You're kidding, right? Man, NOBODY carries this stuff except Honda dealers. I have heard that a couple of the quick-change places in Phoenix will order it if you pre-pay, but since they can't get it in bulk, it's like pulling teeth.

What about tire pressure

My sticker says to fill my tires to only 32 front and rear.... I have read on here people putting upper 40s and even low 50s.

Is mine so low because it is Purigen? or because I am in Fla and well... never encounter snow...?