+ Reply to Thread

The Ideas Project

I help with a campaign called "Jumpstart Ford" - www.jumpstartford.com

Last month we launched a new phase of the campaign called the "Ideas Project" and we need you to make it a success. http://jumpstartford.com/our_vision/..._independence/

We know that their are people right across the country doing what the auto industry isn't - building fuel-efficient or zero emission vehicles.

We are hoping that you will share your ideas for an oil independent future with us. If you have a backyard bio-diesel project, a new strategy for critiquing car culture, a new design for a zero emissions vehicle, an oil issue that needs some attention, or some other idea? We want them all!

Each month we will feature one of YOUR submissions on our website and over our listserve. Send your submissions, pictures, or designs to Mike at cleancars@globalexchange.org or Sarah or Nile at jumpstartford@ran.org.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

The Ideas Project

Ford and GM motors are not the problem. The problem is that the tax on gasoline is too low. The government should rises the gas tax by 2 dollars over 4 years then index the tax to keep up with inflation. This would get americans to buy small cars. once there is market for small cars gm amd ford will make them. we are starting to see automakers offerning small cars now.

Attention for all auto

Attention for all auto industry company CEO’s!
    I’m offering original construction of powerful, environmentally appropriate and inexpensive at producing this installation, which will give 60-80% fuel saving in operation with the internal-combustion engine.
    By using this installation on economy cars the technical features in comparison with TOYOTA PRIUS 1.8 Hybrid will have following advantages:
    a) Besides braking effort, this installation converts free run-out of the vehicle at forced idle running mode or the sole grade;
    b) The effectiveness of the installation presence fades in from all oscillations in vertical plane;
    c) The charged installation can provide independently the highest torque even at getaway with acceleration;
    d) The offering installation doesn’t afraid low temperatures, noiseless and can easily fit into the engine unit of any production vehicles!
    If you are interested in my invention I offer you to patent it jointly in the country entered into WTO with further implementation it into mass production!

That's quite a great

That's quite a great project, we need it and encouraging people will only move things for better. I keep a close contact with auto parts Philadelphia, people there also have a high interest for green technologies, I think our country has a great potential for that.

I notice that the post is

I notice that the post is from 2006. Do you have an update because we sure do need this now! People at <a href=http://www.backyardideascenter.com" >Backyard Ideas Center</a>.com would like to know.