+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid Sales North America

Good morning,

I am a graduate MBA student attending York College of Pennsylvania. This semester I am taking a Managerial Economics course and I have a term paper project that is focusing on the sales trends of Hybrid Vehicles in Noth America.. The paper will look to explain the sale of hybrid vehciles using a regression analysis model using Least Ordinary Squares.

I have a research related question. I am in the data gather phase of my project and I am trying to get Hybrid sales figures in Noth America from 2000 through 2005. Specifically I am looking for annual sales data. Ideally, the data would be extremely more relevant for use in the regression model if I could find sales figures monthly and by state. Your site have been very helpful in many respects especially with aggreate sales numbers.

I have searched exhaustively on many sites and in the library to try to get the granular data required for my paper but have not been sucessful.

I was wondering if you could help direct me in some way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I am also interested in these data, specifically for Texas. I didn't see any replies on the discussion list, did anyone reply to John directly?

Last I checked, Canada was part of North America and we didn't have any states...

The kind of information you're looking for should be available (likely at a cost) through your federal statistics organization (up here, it's Statistics Canada).

i dont get it what's wrong

i dont get it what's wrong with hybrid cars in texas? i have seen many threads about getting problem about their battery particularly in texas?

I suspect you will have to

I suspect you will have to go to the manufacturers themselves for this type of specific data. That your working with a college helps your quest. Check with any of the researchers in your college that have connections or grants from the auto industry and see if they can get you in touch with the people you really need to talk to.