+ Reply to Thread

Driving a Prius or HCH Off-Road?

I am looking to purchase a new vehicle. This vehicle will be replacing a truck, and will largely be used for weekend trips and very short trips about town. In other words, it won't be a daily commuter.

I have been negotiating for a new Toyota Tacoma truck. A very nice truck that will allow me to go off-road, be a good camping vehicle, etc.

However, in the final hours, my environmental conscious has gotten the better of me and I feel that if making such a significant purchase I should at the very least making a statement regarding my personal ethics and contributing my money towards the development of sustainable techonologies.

I am in a quandry however. I drive off-road often. Typically nothing a normal passenger car can't handle.

Does anybody have any experience with driving a Prius or HCH on fairly well graded dirt roads? Any problems with dust, vibration, etc?

The Highlander is too expensive, the Escape made by Ford...so can't consider those two.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Driving a Prius or HCH Off-Road?

We live at the end of 6 miles of dirt/gravel road. Have been driving the Prius on it for two years now, in all conditions....snow, ice, mud, dust. The only problems have been when the snow is too deep on our 20% grade areas, and a bit of wear on the rear struts from the "washboarding" of the road. Not bad for a "city" car!

Speaking of dirt roads, anyone have a suggestion for tougher tires? We, of course, have already worn out a couple of sets.....

I like that there are people

I like that there are people that think about the future of their children and want to make something for a greener planet. As a sales assistant at Philadelphia Nissan I often meet people that want to buy hybrid cars, although they don`t think this is a good decision, after driving a hybrid car they love it! I own a Toyota Prius and this car is genial, giving me no headaches since I bought it, I even drove off-road and it responded well.

Been driving a prius down in

Been driving a prius down in Mexico for years now, all on dirt roads, passing by trucks and suvs. Prius is solid, literally been rallying this thing for over 20k miles and si solid no play in the wheel, I'm suprised how solid this thing is....

I'm considering buying a

I'm considering buying a Prius and am wondering how it will do on dirt and gravel roads. Arizona is full of them. I've read that there is a problem some Prius's have with friction control, something about an automatic shutoff if the car detects slipperyness.
    Have you had any experience with that? What year is your Prius?
    Thanks

my environmental conscious

my environmental conscious has gotten the better of me and I feel that if making such a significant purchase I should at the very least making a statement.Yaneto

You put really very

You put really very interesting details. This is the best site for anyone who wants to know about this matter. You definitely put a new rewrite on a topic thatís been published about for a long time. cell phone spyware

Nice information, many

Nice information, many thanks to the author. It is incomprehensible to me now, but in general, the usefulness and significance is overwhelming. Thanks again and good luck . free cell phone spy

I am in a quandry however. I

I am in a quandry however. I drive off-road often. Typically nothing a normal passenger car can't handle. text spy