I had a guy from my local Electric company come over with his Gauss meter, and do EMF readings in my bedroom, where I'm sleeping right next to a giant wall of electrical stuff. He's eyes bulged when he saw the meter reading...and said that it was higher than what some people get living near a high-power line! It was 125 mG!!! Luckily on the inside of the wall, at my bed, near where I sleep it had dropped to 2.8mG, and he said that 3 mG is what some people consider possibly dangerous. And a few more inches over, exactly where I sleep, it was down to .5mG. So I feel relieved...although I think I'm still gonna move my bed, just to be safe. You may be wondering why I'm talking about electric meters, my bed and EMF's on this Forum....well...While the guy was here, I asked him if he'd be willing to check out my Honda Insight, as I'd seen some info on the net about high EMF readings in them. So he did a reading on the engine....and got 1-3 mG. And then when we drove, ONLY during acceleration, it got up to 2 mG near my hip, and didn't lower much from that when he moved it farther away. I understand that the standard party line from places like NIOSH is that 3mG EMF is considered potentially dangerous. However, I eat organic food, don't use microwaves....and try to live a more *natural* life. I know that some of you engineer types will probably reply with some comments like: "you are more likely to get killed in a wreck with an SUV" or something like that....but I am concerned about EMF's. I think man-made forces...things like that, that we don't have much research on yet...should be of concern. Anyway, I'm more inclined to side with the Swedes who have apparently done lots of studies on the EMF topic, and come up with very different conclusions than I see in our country. I tend to side with those Scandinavians on lots of issues, actually ;-)

Do any of you have info on or experience with this topic? I love my Honda Insight...but not if it's gonna kill me, or make me sick, from high EMF's. Thanks.