+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Outrageous Insurance Rates on 2006 HCH

I traded in my pickup truck for a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid and my State Farm policy went down. I've checked with Geico before, but they are always more, so I stayed with State Farm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

OMG! Is anyone else in Michigan getting charged astronomical rates? I've been doing some shopping around and so far AMICA is the lowest I've been able to find. They're clocking in at $1800 annually. I'm currently with Metropolitan and they're charging me over $2600 annually!

My record is clean and haven't had any claims in the last 5 years.

Its because its a Honda, not because its a Hybrid. The Civic in regular gasoline model lineup, is THE most expensive sub compact to insure. Period. Its because of the popularity with teens and car thieves. The movies Fast and Furious and spin offs that spawned the Sport Compact craze where the kids customize them and race them helped spike already high rates.

Adding to Bill, does the redesign of the Civic affect costs too?

Think about it, Generation 7 Civic (200X - 2005), boring and plain looking (not my own words, try Motortrend)

Generation 8 Civic (2006- ), "sports car" look to it, increased preformance, etc.

I'm guessing that its these factors the insurance companies try to use as an excuse to charge us up more with.

My insurance company told me

My insurance company told me that my increase was due to the fact that most brands of Hybrids were newer (like mine) and there was not enough stats for theft, crashes, etc. so the rates are higher.

Have you ever found the

Have you ever found the reason why these auto insurance quotes are sky rocket high? These cars don't look unsafe to me, they are not the most expensive cars and I thought the insurance quotes also depend on the drivers driving history. I am trying to find a reasonable explanation...

the government is

the government is responsible for the prices at car insurance. the prices are too high. how can we afford a car, even a small one. of course there are some discounts, if you meet certain criteria. for instance, Fox Car Rental has reduce insurance cost, because it owns a car park, more than three.

Its because its a Honda, not

Its because its a Honda, not because its a Hybrid. The Civic in regular gasoline model lineup, is THE most expensive sub compact to insure. Period. Its because of the popularity with teens and car thieves. The movies Fast and Furious and spin offs that spawned the Sport Compact craze where the kids customize them and race them helped spike already high rates. <a href='http://travelinsuranceforseniors.org">Travel insurance for seniors</a>

I know that Honda like the

I know that Honda like the Evo or any other spor/racing car will get a huge insurance. More then that, the companies know that if u buy a car like this u plan to ride with speed witch will sometimes involve an accident or worst, for that i must admit that for my car insurance i payed a small fortune. I blame the people that made the cars this way (the drivers who had accidents) and the companies who do insurance.

This seems a little

This seems a little frustrating. I mean it's not like having a regular home insurance with its connotations. In this case we are talking about two mature drivers for which their car insurance seems too big. I read somewhere that there is an insurance company which is willing to try the pay-as-you-drive model.