+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Yes, class action suit is

Yes, class action suit is totally inappropriate! There was no negligence in the poor design, probably just trying to save money since so much was put into the technology. As for me I would far rather have an Excellent seat than the keyless lock, etc., and I intend to tell Toyota customer service this too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Just look at the Prius

Just look at the Prius chair. It scopes your lower back so that your lower back sinks in. And notice how the head rest pushes your head forward. This causes your shoulders to hunch forward, putting the weight of your head and shoulders in front of your spinal center. This means that your muscles have to work extra hard to compensate for the shift in weight. For some, this may be ok if you recline the seat, but still your back is not straight. For those that value good posture, this may not be the car for you. For myself this is one of the worst seats I have ridden in. My wife likes to drive straight up (without reclining). She developed so much back pain, that after only a year and a half, we are selling the car. For those that find this seat comfortable, please read up on what makes a good ergonomic chair. I know people that likes to sit with their shoulders hunched over. I just kringe at the thought of how much back problems they will have as they get older. Just because if feels comfortable doesn't mean its good for your back. Just because you don't have back pain now doesn't mean you never will. Please note, that I have the Prius 2. I don't know if the upper model is that much better. I am just terribly disappointed in Toyota. A Prius isn't a low end budget car. A car at this price range should have better seats with more adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by ;133901
    Just look at the Prius chair. It scopes your lower back so that your lower back sinks in. And notice how the head rest pushes your head forward. This causes your shoulders to hunch forward, putting the weight of your head and shoulders in front of your spinal center. This means that your muscles have to work extra hard to compensate for the shift in weight. For some, this may be ok if you recline the seat, but still your back is not straight. For those that value good posture, this may not be the car for you. For myself this is one of the worst seats I have ridden in. My wife likes to drive straight up (without reclining). She developed so much back pain, that after only a year and a half, we are selling the car. For those that find this seat comfortable, please read up on what makes a good ergonomic chair. I know people that likes to sit with their shoulders hunched over. I just kringe at the thought of how much back problems they will have as they get older. Just because if feels comfortable doesn\'t mean its good for your back. Just because you don\'t have back pain now doesn\'t mean you never will. Please note, that I have the Prius 2. I don\'t know if the upper model is that much better. I am just terribly disappointed in Toyota. A Prius isn\'t a low end budget car. A car at this price range should have better seats with more adjustments.
    What did you end up doing? selling the car? I am a new Prius Owner, about ready to lose a lot of money selling a 4 day old car because the seat is HORRIBLE. no after market pillows, etc. are working.

Also having burcitis and sciatica

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Jean View Post
    What did you end up doing? selling the car? I am a new Prius Owner, about ready to lose a lot of money selling a 4 day old car because the seat is HORRIBLE. no after market pillows, etc. are working.
    I bought a new 2013 prius II. After 3 months and 10k miles I started having sciatica and leg pain. Now the bursitis is so bad I have difficulty wailing after sitting more than 10 min. I had never had any previous back pain. Now I need to get away from this car. I\'m not sure it would work to fix the seat because it is so low in the chassis, my knees will always be higher than my hips. What did others do? Is there an aftermarket seat? Are other to Toyotas just as bad? I don\'t want to trade this in on a car with the same problem