+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Has anyone improved their Prius Seat?

Looking to buy a Prius, but it doesn't have the lumbar support I prefer. Has anyone found an aftermarket seat? Or come up with another effective solution?

I drive a Prius at work and I take along my own lumbar cushion. This helps around town but not very effective for longer drives.

Thanks.

Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Any answers? My seat is also very uncomfortable.

Well, I bought the Prius - bad back and all.

I found a lumbar support cushion at The Driver's Seat. Works okay. I can tolerate it for a near-zero emissions car.

Rob

I am buying a Prius this week. I'm not fond of the uncomfortable seat. I have found an aftermarket company that will make adjustments to the seat. Like... inserting an air lumbar support, altering the padding to fit my needs. Hope it works!

Well, did it work out? Are

Well, did it work out? Are you pleased with the aftermarket seat? can you share the name of the aftermarket company?

We drove a rental south to

We drove a rental south to the florida keys, having arthritis and two hip replacements, I found the car to be quite alright, I own a Avalon and bought it because of the hi seat selection. the prius seats were not uncomfortable in the front, a bit hard in the back, but often I dont sit in the back of a car. we put over 1800 miles on this trip and my back was fine. quite impressed with the prius. thank you.

anyone have anymore

anyone have anymore suggestions? i just purchased a 2008 and am sooooo uncomfortable.
    i had a similar problem with a volvo v50 and actually had to return the car. ( lost a lot of money on that deal)

So what's the deal with the

So what's the deal with the seat. Is there an aftermarket seat? If so, who, where and how can I buy one?

give this sight a try. they

give this sight a try. they have top quality products and this cushion looks thin, yet knowing their quality, it will be very good. they also have several good wedges for lumbar.
    http://www.relaxtheback.com/travel-subcategory-6389780

I just bought the '08 fully

I just bought the '08 fully loaded Prius and within days was crippled (never had a bad back day in my life). Anyone know of the after market adjustment the poster wrote of? I am considering selling it..not worth the pain..