+ Reply to Thread

2006 Civic Hybrid Strange Sound

At speeds around 25 mph or lower, I get a buzzing sound when I brake which lasts about 4-5 seconds. It's not too loud but I was wondering if this is normal? Anyone else get the noise?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

2006 Civic Hybrid Strange Sound

i also get this noise, it sounds like a servo or small motor waiting to see if anyone knows what it si, otherwise car runs fine and im loving it

I get the same buzzing sound

I get the same buzzing sound too. Happens mostly when braking at slow speed, but not all the time. Hope someone knows what is going on...

Can you be a bit more

Can you be a bit more specific? Is the sound coming from the F/R wheels, the engine compartment or behind the rear seat? What year Civics are we talking about (other than the 2006)? Mileage? Frequency? This would help those of us who would like to help.

I know exactly the sound

I know exactly the sound they're referring to.

It seems to come from behind the dash instruments.

It sort of sounds like a quiet servo sound. Definitely sounds like it's doing something, but I'll be damned if I know what it is. Doesn't sound bad, or like something's malfunctioning. Just a quiet buzz for a few seconds. Similar to a windshield wiper pump sound.

I hope somebody can figure it out.

-clay

I get the exact same sound

I get the exact same sound on my new 08 hybrid. It's due for it's 1000kms service this week and I was going to ask the mechanic about it then.

The problem sounds like the

The problem sounds like the Brake Booster/servo unit. I suggest replacing the brake master and servo unit. I recall reading a service bulletin around September of last year that addressed this. Check with your Honda dealer and he can pinpoint that bulletin. Hope this helps.