+ Reply to Thread

old tax credit and new tax credit

We have a civic hybrid and took advantage of the one time credit when we bought the car in 2003. If we purchase a new hybrid can we take advantage of the new tax credit?
    John in KC

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I believe the only restriction is that you can claim the credit only once a year. So, yes. And to clarify, last time it was a deduction I believe. This time it is a credit.

Asian Brad is correct. Prior to this year, the buyer of a hybrid car received a tax deduction. This year you will receive a tax credit. If you owe $10,000 to the IRS deduct $2,100 for a Honda Civic Hybrid.

And if you live in New York State, the governor has recommended a $2,000 credit on state taxes plus lower turnpike fees.

Did you know that Jay

Did you know that Jay Leno’s drives a restored 1909 Baker Electric Coupe that runs on the original batteries designed by Thomas Edison?

I don't believe that the one

I don't believe that the one time credit will also apply to the new car as well, because that was valid then, when you bought the first hybrid car. I think that you should interest yourself on how to donate a car, mainly because I think it's a bit old and I don't believe that hybrid cars can last that long.

Hi. Do you know if this hew

Hi. Do you know if this hew tax credit is going to be valid this year, too? I'm also thinking about buying a new hybrid car and I've heard from a friend from the used cars Des Moines company that there was this one time credit sometime in 2003. If is isn't valid anymore, I at least hope there is something similar on the market.

took advantage of the one

took advantage of the one time credit when we bought the car in 2003. If we purchase a new hybrid can we take advantage.Web Hosting Reviews