+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 week vacation

3 week vacation

I have a 3 week vacation planned. Does anyone know if I can leave my Highlander hybrid parked at the airport for 3 weeks and count on it starting when I return? The manual says the car needs to be run every 2 weeks for 30 minutes to keep the battery charged. Seems extreme

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

3 week vacation

This car has a very small starting battery compared to the typical SUV and is easy to run down. If I were you, I would park near an outlet in the parking garage if you can and put a battery charger in the back OR just carry a good spare battery and a set of jumpers.

3 week vacation

Buy a solar charger. It has suction cups and goes on
    the inside of your windshield and probably plugs
    into the power outlet. New cars on my local VW
    lot have them. On the other hand I dont think a
    good battery(even a small one) will loose its charge
    in only 3 weeks.

you should trun off smartkey

there is a switch to trun off smartkey. your dealship can show you how. It will go dead if you do not do that.

turn off the smartkey

yes that is right. your sales person should have told you about that during the delivery process.

the smartkey system is actually what drains most of the battery because it is constantly trying to find the keyfob. if you go on trips, disengage that function. the button should be right under your steering wheel and it says "key" or something like that.

I have a 2006 Highlander Hybrid which I have owned for two years. I have been on vacation twice for two weeks. When I returned the Highlander started up right away without hesitation.

Taking your vacation will be

Taking your vacation will be a big deal for you if you are not ready and not sure. Make the best key west vacation rentals by being your self and bring with you your best friend.

A good vacation spot I know

A good vacation spot I know of, where you don't need to have your car with you is in Key West, Florida.Key West vacation rentals offers travelers an opportunity to spend their vacation in a serene environment away from the fast-paced city life. The island is walkable so you will enjoy your trip there even without your car :-)

Having a vacation is really

Having a vacation is really fun especially if you are already that stressed out from your job, you will really have to go out and have fun and have some time by your self.key west vacation rentals