+ Reply to Thread

Insight v. Civic Hybrid resale value

I'm gonna buy a Honda hybrid as I've put down a non-refundable deposit. Was sold on Insight but then got a dog so leaning towards the Civic now. But the truth is that non of the colors of either thrill me. Though I might be able to live with the Civic a little longer if the hybrid was offiered as a coupe. My ideal would be a Mini Cooper if they offered a hybrid. So gonna get one of the Hondas for now, and will likely be the Civic due to needing something bigger than the Insight with the dog (about a 65 pound golden retreiver). So, wondering, among other things, about the resale value of the Civic vs. the Insight? Not sure how to factor in that the Insight will apparently be discontinued. On the one hand I realize that might make parts more expensive. On the other, it might make the car more attractive because new ones wont be available. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Unless you plan to hold on 2 insight until it becomes a collectors item the civic will be the better choice

insight has limited market appeal civic is much more mainstream has better resale value, as they age insight parts will sky rocket & take forever to obtain

Bought our first Honda Civic Hybrid in Feb 2004 for $19,500. After driving 36,000 miles with no problems, we went back to the same dealer in Jan 2006, averaging 50.3 miles per gallon on the 30 mile trip, and got $16,500 on a trade for a new HCH.

The 2006 model cost $22,500, but the IRS will give us a $2000 tax credit, and the governor of the State of New York has also recommended a $2000 credit on state taxes. We will also receive $500 worth of free service from the dealer

Back in 2004, we got a $2000 tax deduction.

We're happy!

Honda super car! I have a

Honda super car! I have a wonderful trip it!

Cool! I love your site. Very

Cool! I love your site. Very well done. Thanks for organizing everything to where I can find it easier. Keep up the good work! I love it! Regards Robert Michael Sofa

My ideal would be a Mini

My ideal would be a Mini Cooper if they offered a hybrid. So gonna get one of the Hondas for now, and will likely be the Civic due to needing something bigger than the Insight with the dog.TuxNews