+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb858 View Post
    Good Morning,
    We have enjoyed or Civic for almost a year but it seems to have developed a lack of reserve capacity in the IMA battery. In around town driving I can lose the battery after 5-6 miles of driving and then go through the lack of power and rough power delivery etc. There are no warning lights and the dealer can't find anything wrong.
    Has anyone been down this road??
    Thanks, Jack
    I have the same issue with my 2007 HC. It was wonderful until the temp outside reached 115 degrees. (Phoenix) Now after starting up the car and driving a short distance the battery loses charge completely and the car has no power. I can not merge onto the freeway safely. I took it in for service and they tell me this is common. Well NO THANKS...getting rid of it today.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by annecraig View Post
    I have the same issue with my 2007 HC. It was wonderful until the temp outside reached 115 degrees. (Phoenix) Now after starting up the car and driving a short distance the battery loses charge completely and the car has no power. I can not merge onto the freeway safely. I took it in for service and they tell me this is common. Well NO THANKS...getting rid of it today.
    Sorry to hear about your experiences.

What's your approach to operating the car's air conditioner when it is this hot?
    It may sound odd, but the way we operate the air conditioning has a strong effect on how quickly the pack cuts off.

MSantos

I bought my HCH2 in May of 2006. I have appox 30K miles on it. I started it up a couple days ago and it started with the gas engine, so I knew something was wrong there. On the dash the IMA, check engine, and battery lights were all on. I turned it on and off a couple times and go the same result. So I drove it over to the dealer and noticed the electric was not assiting the car in any way (this made it pretty sluggish)

Dealer did some debug and found it to be a bad "W-phase motor current sensor" I have the steps they went through if anyone is interested but they replaced a "PDU assembly" and it seems to drive ok for now.

Hi vor01, My 06 HAH was

Hi vor01,

My 06 HAH was taken to the dealer today for problems regarding the IMA light and the check engine lights. Both these lights came on today (the first time). The car has 38000 miles and was bought brand new. According to the warranty, the battery is covered up to 80,000 miles, but the technician told me 36,000 miles. I'm contacting American Honday concerning this issue as this car should not be having these types of problems. Could you please explain to me what was done to repair your hybrid.
    Much appreciated

Car : 2004 Civic

Car : 2004 Civic Hybrid
    Miles: 73000
    Problem: Car completely dies while driving on D at 50mph no warnng; once shift knob is put on P to restart car, it locks up and cannot be moved.
    No previous problems ever.
    Was in shop just 1 week before for oil change at Honda dealership. They even told me that the car was perfect condition, no recommendations or anything, all green lights!

2/5 - 11 pm - I had the radio on for about half an hour while waiting for someone. When I tried to turn on the car, it would not start. After 5 minutes o trying, it worked again.

2/7 - 430 am - drove 1 hour from San Diego to Mission Viejo. Arrived fine. Listened to radio for a few minutes while engine off and turned off radio soon after.

630am- The car would not turn start. Thought it was dead battery but ALL lights were working perfectly inside and outside, except lights on dashboard. No clicking when turning key so it's not the starter. I could not shift or move shift knob from "P." It was stuck.

200 pm - Insurance called someone to jump the car. It did not work and the readings showed that battery was perfect. Battery was not the problem. Insurance then called mobile mechanic.

330 pm - This person looked at everything and could not figure out the problem. With the thing was stuck on P, he went in the shift knob and unlocked something in it and it unlocked. The car was able to turn on and work again. We were so happy!

500 pm - Drove to mall across the street. After hours at the mall, we went around Lake Forest/Saddleback looking for a particular place. After 1 hour, we gave up and decided to head home to San Diego.

8 pm - The car died heading west on Bake at 50 mph in center lane. No warning lights or anything just a quick drain of lights from dashboard... everything was draining... slowly... to complete darkness just like a movie. And the car is dead on a full tank of gas. We were lucky to get in into the center median. Once put on P as an attempt to restart, the shift locks again and will not move just as earlier. After 10 minutes of trying, it unlocks and the engine starts up again. We drove it out of the center median right into a nearby parking lot. After opening the hood, the husband says it was really hot in at the part that seems to run between the battery and the IMA engine.

2/8 - 930 am - We drove car to dealership 3 minutes away. Told them how it just shut down and locks up. They have no clue to what we're talking about. Pays $100 to check it out.

2/11 - 515 pm - dealership calls us to say that their checks have turned up nothing, everything is perfect, and to come pick up car. They said they have driven the car several times and have turned up nothing or unable to duplicate what we've stated. Told them to please keep looking. Husband and I have read all the forums and nothing sounds exactly the same. We told dealership to look a relay according to a forum he read about civic hybrids.

2/12 - 120 am - Desperate for answers. Don't want to endanger our lives and our baby ever again.

I will keep documenting to keep ya'lls posted. Appreciate the input.

Jen

Jen: You are likely to be

Jen:

You are likely to be experiencing a symptom of a poor/intermittent connection, or even a failing solenoid or relay. Has the car ever been in an accident or slight flood? Any other maintenance/servicing or issue that you can recall?

Unfortunately these types of issues require some investigative work on the part of the dealer and without their willingness to troubleshoot it, I suspect you may have much frustration ahead.
    I would recommend you visit another dealer that is more willing to listen to you and take the right approach to following the servicing checklists. Yes, they have checklists that will enable them to solve your problem and it is just a matter of them being up to the competency challenge.

I also suggest you document your interactions and iterations with the dealers. Forward these to Honda's corporate office for additional leverage and to create a "paper trail". Things have a magical way of happening when we approach them from multiple angles.

Please keep us informed of your progress.

Cheers and good luck;

MSantos

PROUD OWNER OF 2008 HCH

PROUD OWNER OF 2008 HCH BOUGHT FEB 1ST. TOOK ME SIX MONTHS TO DECIDE ON THIS CAR. WHEN I DROVE IT OFF THE LOT (AFTER ALL THE PAPERWORK FOR BUYING IT HAD BEEN COMPLETED) I NOTICED A SLIGHT HESITATION BUT THOUGHT SINCE THE CAR ONLY HAD 3 MILES ON IT, IT WAS JUST "BREAKING ITSELF IN". 3 WEEKS AND 600 MILES LATER IT STILL HESITATES IN THE MORNINGS WHEN DEPRESSING THE GAS PEDAL DRIVING AROUND TOWN. NOW I ALSO HAVE NOTICED SEVERAL TIMES THE HESITATION HAPPENING DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY AFTER THE CAR HAS WARMED UP. NO LIGHTS HAVE COME ON BUT I'M GETTING CONCERNED READING ALL THESE OTHER POSTS. SHOULD I TAKE IT IN? ALSO DISAPPOINTED ON THE GAS MILEGE SO FAR. ONLY AVERAGING 36MPG.

i drove my 06 hybrid for

i drove my 06 hybrid for about a hundred miles in "S" right below "D" drive and didn't seem to notice.. it ate up alot of gas.. Then about 5 days later i noticed the engine malfunction indicator lamp on. i am in the mountains about 400 mi away from home... there are no dealers up here.. is it safe to drive home to a dealer? OR Should i have it looked at immediatly?.. it seems to be running ok. although, my gas mileage average is dropping a lil bit. it is usually 38.7 or 38.8 it has dropped to 38.3 and i have not been driving aggressively at all.. Thanks for your input/advice..

These post seem pretty old

These post seem pretty old so I'm hoping someone can help. I'm off to the dealership tomorrow but would like an idea to my problem before getting there. I have an 06 HCH, my car has been driving fine. My car will be 4 in December with 143,000 miles on it. Never had a problem, but today on my way home my IMA, check engine light, brake system and brake light came on. A green light is flashing next to my D gear and I barely got home. I turned off my car and turned it back on and it wouldn't start, i tried 3 more times and it finally started but keeps trying to die.

I assume at this point I probably need a new battery pack, I may have the oldest original pack of any other 06 HCH owner after reading these other posts. I thought maybe I would get some type of warning that my car needed attention or the battery was dying. I live in California, is this something that will be covered under warranty. I'm a little worried because talking to the service dept at the dealership the guy thought it may be a computer malfunction or something with the alternator causeing the lights to come on. I thought this car didn't have an alternator?

I have 2006 HCH. after 46K

I have 2006 HCH. after 46K the IMA light on and service battery (12v) dead. I replaced the service battery and all lights gone. after 3 weeks the IMA lights on. it won't go off.I think Honda have some problem.