+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fayal View Post
    I have a 2003 Civic Hybrid. Today is my third time having to take the car in to the dealer for the same kind of problem. I drove it there day before, and when I go out to go to work in the morning, it's DEAD! When I charge it up, the IMA light stays on. I take it to the dealer, they spend hours trying to find out the problem to no avail. I just started thinking about it, though. There was a service recall they did on my car and I noticed that after that time, that I have had the car go dead on my 3 times.
    I drive a 2004 Civic Hybrid, which I've been happy with for about 2 and a half years. However, beginning on Xmas 2006, I was having apparently the same problem: Jump in the car in the morning and the thing was completely dead. I had to jump it to get started. EVERYTHING was drained! I took it back to Rock Honda, where I bought it, and they put it on their test equipment and said they could not detect a drain on the system ("but a low 12dc battery could cause this symptom"). Then, after shrugging their collective shoulders, gave me back my car. I replaced the battery, and the problem persisted. I took it back and got the same shrugging. For a while, I would put my battery on a charger every night just to get by. It's now Feb 2, 2007 and I finally got the ear of Rock Honda's Service manager. Under his personal oversight, they found that a relay in the car (somehow related to using the A/C) STICKS! but intermittantly. Overnight, it drew current as if the radio or something was left on. They've replacing the relay and it now passes tests, but time will tell if it solved the problem. I was beginning to worry that I'd fall into the "they never found it" category. Now I have hope.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I drive a 2007 Civic Hybrid that I bought in October of 06. January 2007, I am on the freeway and the IMA light comes on as well as the check engine light and something else that I can't even remember it has been so long. I take it in, they do something to it, said they fixed it. I drive it 40 miles out, it does it again. I take it back in the next day. They tell me they are going to need to get a part in, etc, etc. One month later I am still without my car, waiting for them to "get some parts in." I don't know where they are getting these parts in because even if they are coming from Japan being dragged by whales they should still get here within a month. You know I'm pissed when I honestly wish I would have gotten a Prius.

Hybrid Issues

Quote Originally Posted by westside hybridguy View Post
    ..." I don't know where they are getting these parts in because even if they are coming from Japan being dragged by whales they should still get here within a month. You know I'm pissed when I honestly wish I would have gotten a Prius.
    Hey sorry to hear about your issues. Have you heard about this recall?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/17125764

Perhaps it had to do with your problem? Also have you logged on to the "Owner Link" page in honda.com to check for any recall order and/or service bulletins that may apply to your car?

Quote Originally Posted by westside hybridguy View Post
    You know I'm pissed when I honestly wish I would have gotten a Prius.
    I don't think you would have been better off with a Prius. They've been in production for 3 years and they had many recalls and they still have some interesting issues left to resolve.

The HCH-II is in its first year and so far it has been a much better than average car.

By the way, I own a 2007 Prius and a 2006 HCH-II. They are both great cars, but neither is perfect - thats for sure.

Cheers;

MSantos

Same problem

I bought my HCH in October 2006, and have about 5000 miles on it so far. Last Saturday, while driving on the freeway, I got the IMA, battery, and check engine indicator lights (of doom). The car was shaky and later stalled. I took it to the dealer today, and they ran some tests and found nothing wrong. As I was pulling out of the dealership driveway, all the lights came on again and the car died. After seeing the problem first hand, the technicians decided to keep the car and give me a rental.

I have forwarded this thread to my service advisor, and hopefully it will provide some insight.

By the way, I had a 2004 HCH for two and a half years that gave me absolutely no problems. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by C70858 View Post
    I bought my HCH in October 2006, and have about 5000 miles on it so far. Last Saturday, while driving on the freeway, I got the IMA, battery, and check engine indicator lights (of doom). The car was shaky and later stalled. I took it to the dealer today, and they ran some tests and found nothing wrong. As I was pulling out of the dealership driveway, all the lights came on again and the car died. After seeing the problem first hand, the technicians decided to keep the car and give me a rental.
    Even though you purchased it in October 2006, would your car be a 2007 model by any chance? If so you may not be alone on this one.

MSantos

Yes, the car is a 2007 HCH.

I am so thankful for this forum, because the technicians at my Honda dealership were not familiar with this (apparently common) problem. I have owned nothing but Honda's since I was 16 years old, and have not given up hope on the automaker yet. My crappy Pontiac rental car makes me appreciate and miss my car even more, and I hope I can get it back soon.

Thanks again for all of the information you have posted on this site. It's such a relief to see that you're not the only one in a certain situation, and that there is hope in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by C70858 View Post
    Yes, the car is a 2007 HCH.

I am so thankful for this forum, because the technicians at my Honda dealership were not familiar with this (apparently common) problem. I have owned nothing but Honda's since I was 16 years old, and have not given up hope on the automaker yet. My crappy Pontiac rental car makes me appreciate and miss my car even more, and I hope I can get it back soon.
    ....and that there is hope in sight.
    You are right about not giving up. Our 2006 HCH-2's do no exhibit this problem at all and yet they are not that different (except for some revised items). This Motor position sensor issue on the 2007 models is becoming well known to the larger dealerships and it appears to stem from a subpar sensor batch. Apparently Honda is getting the replacement sensors from a better production process (supplier, indicated by the part markings). Other than this discrepancy, I would say you have a great car well worth your patience.

Cheers;

MSantos

Quote Originally Posted by MSantos View Post
    You are right about not giving up. Our 2006 HCH-2's do no exhibit this problem at all and yet they are not that different (except for some revised items). This Motor position sensor issue on the 2007 models is becoming well known to the larger dealerships and it appears to stem from a subpar sensor batch. Apparently Honda is getting the replacement sensors from a better production process (supplier, indicated by the part markings). Other than this discrepancy, I would say you have a great car well worth your patience.

Cheers;

MSantos
    You are familiar with my motor sensor problem but I was wondering where you get your info. You seem to have a wealth of knowledge and now you know about individual parts (thanks for that info on the sensor part by the way) and the production process. Are you a Honda Tech or just a die hard enthusiast ? Since I've been reading these posts when my problem came up, your credibility is very high with what you say and what you know.

ChrisG

Hey ChrisG,
    Let's not pressure MSantos to reveal any possiible alter-egos. He's giving us pretty good, candid information, that which, were he an insider with Honda, he probably couldn't get away with. His record shows his credibility already.