+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already)

This is the well known window regulator problem. There is a technical service bulliten on this so Honda should fix for free-- under warranty anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

My 2006 HCH recently stopped performing auto-stop, then the IMA, battery and warning light came on when I started the car this morning. I took it in to the shop (driving on engine only) and they claimed the motor position sensor was calling for replacement. Then they did a software upgrade (sounds like Microsoft) which they claimed cleared the problem.

Except that tonight the same three lights came on. I restarted my car and the electric motor came back, but the check engine light is staying on. I'll take it in again tomorrow, but they really dont seem to know what they're doing.

Wish me luck!

Kevin in CA

I have had my 2003 HCH for over three years and 40K+ without one complaint. I love this car (and savings on gas) and would be hard pressed to part with it.

To Kevin in CA... take a look at your manual, under auto-stop. There are many instances when it will not cut in, for example, if the fan is on the windshield, etc. Sounds strange, but that's the way it is set up. There are several other things that will prevent the auto-stop from cutting in. I'm learning many things about my 2006 HCH. DRivers window is off track, tires are making a hell of a noise, auto stop has been acting up... the gas mileage has been decreasing continuously, shocks are terrible. Oh well. I never make the same mistake twice.

Peter in Canada

Yes, I am one of the lucky 2006 civic hybrid owners who is not very happy with my mpg. As I see someone has posted that 41mpg is wonderfull here, I do not agree. At best I get 41 mpg. Normally I get 35 mpg. This is not acceptable, considering A relative of mine has a 2002 pontiac Boniville that gets 35 mpg. Boy and that is a full size vehicle. This is not fair that you have to play the lottery with the vehicle you buy. All of these hybrids should be getting the same MPG ie.60 mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Distraught View Post
    Yes, I am one of the lucky 2006 civic hybrid owners who is not very happy with my mpg. As I see someone has posted that 41mpg is wonderfull here, I do not agree. At best I get 41 mpg. Normally I get 35 mpg. This is not acceptable, considering A relative of mine has a 2002 pontiac Boniville that gets 35 mpg. Boy and that is a full size vehicle. This is not fair that you have to play the lottery with the vehicle you buy. All of these hybrids should be getting the same MPG ie.60 mpg.

I must be one of the many lucky HCH-2 owners. I bought my 06 HCH last May and it has been the sweatest Honda/Acura I've had. So much so that I ordered last week an 07-HCH for my wife too.

Anyhow, if you really want to tap into the fuel economy potential of this car I would suggest you read a few good articles. Making more than 50 mpg is not unusual for many of us who drive a Prius or an Honda Civic Hybrid.

Tarabell's article on the HCH-2

Wayne's article

Please check out the GreenHybrid forums too. There's a very large community of folks who can give you a very realistic baseline of what you can expect from your car.

Cheers;

MSantos

2007 Civic Hybrid Problems (under 130 miles driven!!!)

My car is brand new, a week old, and I already have all the problems you are talking about. Engine, IMA, and battery light on, lurchy drive, shaking at stop lights. Major problems. Took car into dealership and they don't know what's wrong and are going to have to call Honda on Monday to replace the battery or something and told me the car would have stopped on me if I had kept driving it. I am already sooooooo disappointed. I had been researching cars for so long and finally chose this one, thinking it would be reliable (last car was a camry -- good solid car but I wanted to be greener) and I'm so frustrated already. I'm in California. Can I get a refund? I just feel like this is only the start of problems. Very disheartening. I wish I'd seen your posts earlier. I wouldn't have bought a Hybrid, or at least not the Civic. argh.

Any suggestions? Who should I talk to?

Quote Originally Posted by aat View Post
    My car is brand new, a week old, and I already have all the problems you are talking about. Engine, IMA, and battery light on, lurchy drive, shaking at stop lights. Major problems. Took car into dealership and they don't know what's wrong and are going to have to call Honda on Monday to replace the battery or something and told me the car would have stopped on me if I had kept driving it. I am already sooooooo disappointed. I had been researching cars for so long and finally chose this one, thinking it would be reliable (last car was a camry -- good solid car but I wanted to be greener) and I'm so frustrated already. I'm in California. Can I get a refund? I just feel like this is only the start of problems. Very disheartening. I wish I'd seen your posts earlier. I wouldn't have bought a Hybrid, or at least not the Civic. argh.

Any suggestions? Who should I talk to?
    Would you like post your problem at www.greenhybrid.com ??? We have a very large community there that may be able to give you good advice.

For now, the best thing is to go back to your Honda dealer and keep pressing for a solution. Fortunately in the US there's the Lemon law which you can evoke.

Cheers;

MSantos

2006 HCH IMA problems

This looks exactly like what I've been seeing for the last 6 weeks. Every Sunday while driving the engine will shudder noticably and the IMA, engine and battery lights will come on while the IMA shuts down. Eventually things will reset and the IMA will start working again if I shut down the car then drive for a short distance. But of course the ODB error codes also clear so and they don't show up at the shop.

I've taken the car to two different Honda dealerships with absolutely no positive results other than a friendly smile as they tell me they can't do anything. They are completely unable to diagnose the problem and have offered no solution. I'll take it in again tomorrow (happened again today like clockwork) and demand something more than another round of "We can't help you".

IMA Indicator light, Same problem as #1 & #37

I had the same problem as # 37, at 1800 miles, while driving on the highway all the sudden all these indicator lights came on: Engine, IMA, and battery light on, lurchy drive, shaking at stop lights, stalled: major problems.
    The dealership had never seen the problem before, but they called Honda national-- who had them replace a sensor in the transmission-- it took the service guys 5 days to order the part and replace in the sensor in the transmission.
    This did the trick and the car is back to normal.