+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already)

when did you buy yours?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Are you saying the elctric motor battery doesnt recharge?

Same problem with my 2003 HCH. CarMax had no idea what was going on. They sent me Honda dealership and they didn't know either. IMA light comes on and battery was dead twice.

Call Honda Customer Relations, they will light a fire under the dealer. I had problems with my 2003 and they took care of it plus I got a free rental while I was without mycar.

As I wrote earlier, my 2006 had been having problems with the IMA, Engine and Battery light staying on. After two months waiting and waiting for the parts to arrive to fix it, it now seems to be running fine - even my mpg seems to be getting better now. I am happy to have my car back but for the time being I am holding my breath while driving it - afraid that the same problem might occur again. If so, I will post here very soon!

Response to Richard on May 21, 2006: I too have a buzzing sound, but mine appears to be engine noise on the stereo. I can tell by the pitch of the buzzing matching engine revs. Are you able to confirm the location of your noise.. I was going to upgrade the stereo, but I'm concerned that the noise will follow and become worse. I asked the dealer during the last service, but they forgot to look at it and told me to ask again at the next service. sheesh

my 2003 hybrid has had the IMA system fail three times since I bought it. I have had the battery replaced, and the problem came back. No one seems to know what causes it, and driving on gas only is like driving half a car. Not to mention not safe. I have written to HONDA, and am initiating a lemmon law claim. Anyone who can document this same problem, please contact me. I would love to build a stronger case against this car.

echelon7@comcast.net

4500 miles- no problems. ave mpg 41. @ 80mph I like the car.

My 2006 runs like a dream and I have been averaging 57.6 in stop and go driving. I really like this car. It is much better than the eariler civic hybrid.

I purchased a 2006 HCH in July 2006... have 7500 kms/4500 miles already. Averaging about 60 mpg. Superb gas mileage. Only problem thus far is my driver's window keeps going off track. Maybe the tint glass company fooled something up???