+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already)

Very interesting discussion thread. We are launching our company in July and the HCH2006 is our lead vehicle. I'm pretty disappointed to read about this problem and even more to hear that Honda does not seem to have fixed this issue on the 2006. I understand teething problems can exist, but this model is a few generations old.

FirstRide (my company) promotes safer, cooler, greener cars and I have to say that I am going to try and find out more about this and why it hasn't been fixed. If anyone hears of any kind of official response on this problem, please forward it to me at grant@firstride.com or post it here. Very Strange.
    Thanks for the info everyone.

grant
    Founder, FirstRide™

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have a 2003 Civic Hybrid. Today is my third time having to take the car in to the dealer for the same kind of problem. I drove it there day before, and when I go out to go to work in the morning, it's DEAD! When I charge it up, the IMA light stays on. I take it to the dealer, they spend hours trying to find out the problem to no avail. I just started thinking about it, though. There was a service recall they did on my car and I noticed that after that time, that I have had the car go dead on my 3 times.

The answer to all your problems is simple, don't waste your money on a honda civic. It doesn't matter what kind of award it wins, the fact is its a shitty car. You pay for what you get, and your better off buying a half decent used car than a honda civic.

Just a word of the wise, never buy a first year or two or last year or two of a specific car model that has either been introduced, phased out, or totally redesigned (in this case the 2006 HCH). I've heard from several machanics that usually, with new or redesigned models, there are numerous bugs and flaws that need to be worked out, thus these cars can be unreliable.
    With phased out models, the auto companies try to use up any parts that they have left just to get them out of inventory, so you may be left with parts that were "thrown back in the bin." In addition, the machinery used to produce the cars that often were around for many years is also old too, so assembly quality begins to suffer towards the end, unless the line is retooled.

Actually anyone who can get an HCH II hybrid is lucky. Honda has been working on the development of their hybrid models for seven product release years so the first year don't buy rule really doesnt apply to this particular car.

I am having the problem with the following lights staying on: IMA, Battery, and Engine. It started at about 600 miles on the car. I have taken it in twice and it is still currently in the shop, now for the third week. So far, they have said they replaced the convertor but that did not fix it (it took two weeks just to get that part in). Now they are going to replace the DDU Assembly (another part that is back ordered). Up until now, I have been a faithful Honda owner but this has really tried my patience and trust in what I beleive to be a reliable car manufacturer. My previous car was a '94 Accord which had no problems. I would like to think that this is just a fluke but reading the previous postings here raises some great concern.

Lemon Law. New Car.

My HCH 2003 has had an IMA failure twice. The first time Honda NA replaced the computer controller, the second time they replaced the IMA battery. Prior to each IMA failure I have had an intermitent 'buzzing' sound from behind the rear seat (where the IMA battery is located). The buzzing has returned for a third time and Honda NA is interested in attempting to fix it, but I don't think they have a clue as to the underlying problem...
    Has anyone had a similar 'buzzing' condition?

I've had my 2006 Civic Hybrid for about a month and have 1900+ miles on it. So far, no problems to speak of. If I drive carefully I average 49 mpg and if I'm more careless and go with the flow of traffic I average 45 mpg. I have no complaints and am really pleased with this purchase. My gas costs have been cut in half. I drive in a lot of different types of traffic: freeway, city, and congested freeway. I live in So Cal, so need I say more? All I can say is that this car has been a godsend so far.

Well, I thought I would be one of the ones having a "my hybrid has never had a problem" reply, but the IMA light has been coming on and off recently and the battery has been dead twice now, including today.