+ Reply to Thread

2006 Mercury Mariner Premium Seats

I'm trying to decide between the 2006 Mariner Hybrid and the 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid (4WD). Both with the premium option.

I noticed in the Ford dealership that the 2006 Escape Hybrid has better leather seats (more padded) than the 2005 Escape Hybrid.

Does anyone know which seats the Mariner has? Has anyone driven (or seen) both the 2006 Mariner Hybrid (premium) as well as the 2006 Escape Hybrid (premium)?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

2006 Mercury Mariner Premium Seats

Just so anyone else looking knows:

1) The 4WD Premium Mariner Hybrid seems to be almost the same as the 4WD Premium 2006 Escape with few differences:

a) The Mariner does NOT have a 110V outlet (but a "power inverter" can be purchased from Radio Shack or a number of other online places. These start at $40 and go up to around $400 depending on the wattage).

b) The seats are the same in the 2006 Mariner Hybrid and the 2006 Escape Hybrid. Nicer than the 2005.

c) The mirrors on the back of the sun visors were lighted for both driver and passenger on the Mariner (not so for the Escape).

d) cosmetic differences - exterior and interior.

e) I was told the Mariner was quieter. I couldn't test drive the one I saw (someone else had purchased it).

I hope this helps anyone else who is looking at both...