+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Anyone interested -hybrid Station Wagon?

Why, with so many models of cars being made out there, do we, the sensible, have to wait so long for something for us? Bring us a hybrid wagon and we will buy it.

Is anyone in charge at a car company going to see this list of replies?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

We got a hybrid Civic in January and love it. But we'd also love to replace our small SUV in the next year or two with a wagon (like an Outback) or a Honda Element hybrid, if such a thing existed!

I am very interested in a hybrid wagon!

Since it looked like the closest thing in the works was going to be the Toyota Sienna minivan, I had pinned my hopes on that. However, I added a comment many months ago trying to find out where this website gets its information and got no reply. I just don't have a lot of hope on the minivan front either. This is the ONLY website I can find that makes mention of an upcoming hybrid Sienna. Which makes me wonder, since 2007 isn't terribly far off.

Does anyone have any inside info on Toyota, or know where hybridcars.com gets their info?

If a wagon comes out first, I would definitely go test drive it.

oh wow!

i just called my local toyota dealer and they hadn't heard anything about a sienna hybrid. turns out, even this website revised it to 2008. that must have been done REALLY recently. so looks like 2008 is even just a guess.

I live in Paris, France. A taxi driver in a Prius said last week that they are coming out with a Prius wagon this winter. Anyone else heard this rumor? If it's true, I want one!

Elliott Benson, a Sacramento based marketing research firm, is currently conducting interviews with Northern California residents who own hybrid vehicles. Specifically looking for those who own Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Ford Escape, Toyota Highlander or Lexus 400h Hybrid vehicles. Call us at 916.325.1670

News Flash! I am about ready to change the world with this information. A small SUV is a wagon that sits a few inches higher. O.K. you can breathe now.

I have a VW Passat Wagon & love it as a dog & baby carrier but hate the low clearance, bad gas mileage & costly service charges. I test drove a Ford Escape Hybrid but that doesn't seem all that efficient -gas-wise & is rather expensive. I'd love a Subaru Forester Hybrid if they were to make one. What else is there??

Anyone interested in a hybrid station wagon

I'm also a Subaru (Outback) owner with several Subaru owning neighbors, all of us wishing they would release a hybrid (or that someone else would develop a hybrid wagon with similar storage capacity and some off-road potential).

As for the Wagon/SUV discussion, here's a link to a great NYTimes article from today discussing the fact that many wagons have more usable storage space than SUVs because of the layout.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/25/au...ef=autospecial

Other reasons to chose a Wagon over an SUV include a reduced likelihood of roll-over and reduced safety impacts on other vehicles.

On the other hand, I don't understand why the domestics, realizing the they're behind the ball on hybrids, are still developing non-hybrid concept cars.

Patrick

Its a waitng game for a HY Wagon

I am waiting for Hymotion to go public with there PHEV kit. That would make my Highlander hy get the mpg I want.I am waiting for a 35-40 mpg wagon , like the camry only in a wagon form. The 3 new prius models may have a wagon,the 2008 highlander hy might get better mpg....Just waiting for the perfect hybrid...JOE