+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Anyone interested -hybrid Station Wagon?

Add another name to the list.

Ford Freestyle, Subaru Outback, anything. We'd be there in an instant!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Yes, a hybrid wagon would be idea and a non-brainer for the car companies. Think of the stereotypical Volvo driver, a lefty green. Perfect market for the hybrid, combine eco with safety. But do they do it? No, they are thinking of diesel, which has carcinogenic emissioins, though better fuel economy. That's not going to reach their market.
    Or the stereotypical wagon buyer in general, family, safety, avoid SUV risks but carry a lot. Add prius economy and reduced gasoline benzene emissions, and you have safety all over. Again, the car companies seem to be missing the boat.

I have been putting off selling my 16 year old Acura, waiting for ANY car manufacturer to produce a hybrid station wagon. I live in the city and find that a station wagon can squeeze into parking slots and down narrow city roads that anything that looks like an SUV cannot.

They may classify the Highlander as more like a car -- and hence, a station wagon -- but it sure looks like an SUV to me.

In my neck of the woods, people are getting really flipped out about global warming. I bet that if a car company sold a practical hybrid station wagon, it would fly off the lots. A Subaru Outback or other wagon gone hybrid would be perfect.

The Ford Escape Hybrid (FEH) should do the trick! I bought an '07 FWD FEH last month and just hauled home a bed in a box from IKEA - there was plenty of room.

I also have been getting 33 mpg overall, which is awesome for a small SUV. 13 mpg better than the minivan I traded in on it.

My FEH cost $25K and I will get $2,600 back on my federal income taxes because of the purchase, putting the price really down at $22.5K.

Amen to all of above! I own an 89 toyota corolla wagon and a 93 saturn SW2 wagon.

The only "equivalent carry capacity" (my quote mark) vehicle would be a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. It is very big in terms of cargo and passenger space.
    It will get you a $2600 Fed Tax Credit if purchased before 10/1/'2006.

We broke down and purchased a 2006 Prius that we love. But it is small.

I can't believe that VW isn't getting into the hybrid market. I expected a hybrid VW wagon (either Jetta or Passat) to be in the works, but it looks like it's not. We already have a Prius, but with a baby on the way, I'd really like a wagon. What is wrong with VW?

Actually for VAg group to be back with a hybrid is just amatte rof relatively short time. In fact already back in 1997, Audi used to build and sell its Audi A4 avant in a diesel-hybrid version. The diesel engine was the same as the one used in the WV jetta in the US. They discontinued the production of that vehicle due to high production costs and little demand. If you visit the Audi site in Germnay you will see that they are working on a hybrids again, forseebaly their big SUV the Q7 will be equipped as such in the nearer future.

I have been emailing Subaru every couple months begging for a Hybrid Outback. Given that Outback owners are traditionally enviro-friendly, I would think Subaru would have jumped on the idea years ago. I think they are missing out on a serious opportunity - if only they acknowledged how big the market would be! There response to my emails to-date has been to send me a link to their 2-seater hybrid - what a shame.

I saw the billboard yesterday for the camry hybrid and nudged my husband. "If it comes in wagon, we can replace this thing," I told him. Our 1988 Civic wagon can haul a fully assembled toddler bed with the back seat folded down and gets 32 MPG. Unfortunately it's nearly 20 years old and starting to rattle itself apart.

We were very disappointed a few years ago when we went shopping for a family car to find worse gas mileage and less space! We refuse to buy an SUV, around here it's the equivalent of wearing a "I'm A Selfish Jerk" t-shirt. Subaru, Honda, Toyota, one of you guys, make a hybrid wagon that can fit two car seats and slightly-squished grandma in the back seat, with a jogging stroller or big-wheel in the trunk.

I don't think I'm asking too much.

I agree with everyone, it would be so nice to have a hybrid station wagon. I have 3 large dogs and tried to get them into my sister's Prius. Even with the seats down it was a tight fit. Also there was no room for stuff.
    I'd buy a Subaru Outback hybrid in a minute.