+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Hey, Just found this site

Hey,
    Just found this site and feel so good to see that I am not the only one interested in a hybrid wagon.
    I am sending these posts via email to my local Honda dealership in hopes that someone will forward this on to the appropriate professional who will design our "near" future hybrid wagon vehicles which are desperately needed.
    Being a Honda Civic owner of 8+ years, I now have 3 grandchildren, twins ages 3 and a 3 month old. Cannot take all 3 with me and I cannot buy another vehicle until I find the hybrid wagon I want. I want to stay with the ultimately dependable Honda product, but may have to re-consider if they do not listen to the needs of their customers out there.
    I hope this will be forwarded for all of our sakes. Keep on voicing your opinions and we will be heard.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Glad to know I'm not

Glad to know I'm not alone...I almost cried when Toyota stopped making the Camry wagon!
    I'm ready to buy a hybrid right now, only wish I could get a station wagon. We baby boomers grew up getting hauled around in mom's wagon!
    Just read that a Toyota Prius wagon should be out in 2010 or 2011, wish I could wait that long.

We live in a Seattle suburb

We live in a Seattle suburb where luxury SUVs and Suburbans / Tahoes have been king. However, over the last three months it has been dramatic how many new Prius and other small economical cars I have seen appearing on the road. When I got on the freeway the other day, I had a new Prius in front of me and on either side!

I also am a little shocked at how behind the curve the U.S. auto producers in general have been about the need to quickly reorient their production to hybrid vehicles. Everyone that I work with is planning on switching over to high fuel economy cars because they simply cannot afford the gas for their current vehicles. I plan on buying the Prius wagon if it indeed comes out in 2010, however, it would be nice to have other wagon options out there to choose from...wagons are also a really desirable vehicle in the Pacific NW.

I have been waiting for 2

I have been waiting for 2 years for a hybrid wagon to come out... I have seriously been waiting with finances ready to buy one tomorrow if it was released. Please, please, please make a station wagon hybrid. PLEASE!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!! Come Outback

PLEASE!!!!!! Come Outback come.

I would trade in my Passat

I would trade in my Passat wagon tomorrow for a real hybrid wagon. The hybrid SUV's just don't do it for me.

I"ve been a station wagon

I"ve been a station wagon convert for 14 years now having owned both Taurus and Sable wagons.

80% of my driving is dedicated to the daily commute. Hence, I want something with the fuel efficiency of a car and not an SUV or Minivan.

19% of the time my wife and I are taking the kids on trips. This may involve bringing the kid's bikes or bike trailers along with car seats, etc. Other times I need to carry my mother's wheel chair in the back.

1% of the time I need to carry lumber, lawnmowers or other bulky items.

Being able to carry 12ft lumber inside the vehicle and extension ladders on the roof is something I've come to take for granted.
    The Taurus has long gone to rustville and the Sable is getting old.

We've rented a Camry hybrid twice now for vacations. Once because the Sable developed a transmission problem 30 minutes into the trip and we had to rent a car in a panic and the hybrid was the only large car available and once becaise we wamted an excuse to try a hybrid again. We loved it. The 2008 Camry has improved over the 2006 model. The trunk, however, was packed to the gills and we had to pack stuff between the kid's car seats and on the floor in the back and still had to leave stuff behind.

We really, REALLY want and need a hybrid wagon, but not the over-sized hatchbacks turned wagon wannabe's like Saturn's excuse for a wagon.

Basically, if I can't carry 10' 2x4's in the back with the door closed then I consider it a hatch-back, no matter what the manufacturer calls it.

My dream car would be a '94 sable wagon body with the polymer side panels of a Saturn and the drive-train/power-train/interior of a Camry hybrid.

Here's hoping.

Amen to all of the above. I

Amen to all of the above. I love driving my 2001 Subaru Legacy wagon and keep wishing for a magic wand to turn it into a hybrid. Why is Subaru dragging their feet on this? I was ready to buy a hybrid wagon a year ago, if I could have found one, and with gas prices the way they are, I'm more than ready today.

I, too, am anxiously

I, too, am anxiously awaiting a hybrid or electric wagon. No SUV's or SUV wanna be's! I had a Corona wagon for many years that I loved. When Toyota didn't have a wagon I bought a Volvo wagon. It's now 10 years old and I am wanting to go with something a bit smaller and more fuel effeicient next time.

Here Here...I'd buy one too.

Here Here...I'd buy one too. I thought I'd have to just dig a bit but gosh do I wanna go desil...I'd rather do a hybrid station wagon.