+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Anyone interested -hybrid Station Wagon?

I'd love to get a hybrid wagon too. I'd really like to see a hybrid Ford Tauris/Mercury Sable wagon.

- Janet (Sacramento, California)

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I've been dying for a hybrid wagon for as long as hybrids have been around. I just traded in my 98 mercedes benz E320 wagon for a 2002 Mercedes Benz E320 wagon but would happily get rid of this beloved model if ANYONE came out with a hybrid wagon.

"I have a VW Jetta station-wagon and I love it. I asked if VW was planning to make a hybrid powered station wagon/vehicle and the response was that they are bringing over a deisel engine that is competetive with the fuel economy of the hybrids. I really thought VW would be out in front with a hybrid powered auto. They are such a hip car company. Oh well. "

I happen to have the diesel version of that car. I can get 50 mpg on the highway with it (4.6 L/100 km).

Is that not good enough? Mine consistently *averages* well over 45 mpg.

l love my Subaru Legacy wagon and plan to keep it until theres a good hybrid wagon alternative.

I have a Saturn wagon and have been waiting for a hybrid wagon for about 2 years. One good thing is that when I searched "hybrid station wagon" online a year ago, NOTHING came up, and now it looks like there is some buzz. Slow progress!

Just saw "An Inconvenient Truth" and would do anything for a Subaru hybrid station wagon... I love my Legacy as it gives my two golden retrievers plenty of leg room--and lets them hop in easily from the low-to-the-ground back entrance.

In addition to the ongoing challenges of getting around a big city every day, I have a 100 lb dog that I have to SAFELY get places with. I've got a small Volvo wagon right now, and would LOVE to make the switch to a hybrid vehicle, but I'm stuck between tiny subcompacts and oceanliner SUVs. (with apologies to Ford, whose development and support of the Escape has been positively underwhelming)

A few sedans have entered the market, but still no small, practical 5-door vehicles. As long as the only hybrids out there continue to be toy cars or tanks, I can only conclude that manufacturers are treating the market as a fad to be humoured rather than serious customers with actual needs.

I need some options in mid-size wagons or small SUVs before I consider entering the hybrid market. Manufacturers, are you LISTENING?

I've had Audi and Volvo wagons, and would by the very first hybrid wagon of any make. I too want to be able to take the dog along and just don't like the styling and height of SUV's - even the hybrids.

Another vote for a good hybrid wagon. Seems like these auto giants may had had some insight to future needs. Huh?
    I need a car now, so it looks like I'm buying the volkswagen passat wagon 2.0.
    Although I would of liked to buy American auto again.

gimme
    my husband and i have been on the look out for a decent wagon for a long time now. i guess it's worth waing another year or so for a hybrid alternative.