+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Mariner hybrid - mileage & other ???

OK - now I am really confused...

I asked this question earlier and it was answered - but then I came across this web page:

http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/marin...rosite/faq.asp

The Mariner Hybrid will offer features similar to the 2005 conventional Mariner, such as optional leather-seating surfaces, upgraded audio system, and the Intelligent 4WD System. The Mariner Hybrid will also offer some exclusive options, such as the Hybrid Energy Navigation System, 110-volt power outlet, and unique hybrid appearance features. Please visit the web site regularly, as we will post new information on the Mariner Hybrid as it is released.

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I was referring to the 110V outlet inside the vehicle...sorry.

An interesting note about the 110V Power Plug.
    On the Mercury Mariner website cached from February 28 (http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=1) the Mariner is listed as having the 110V power outlet. However, now the site (http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/marin...rosite/faq.asp) does not list it. I wonder why they took it out!?

I find that my total mpg goes up with more freeway driving and the highest I have gotten is 29.2. With lots of street driving, it drops to 26ish mpg but then I end up driving on the freeway and it pushes it back up to the 28-29 range.

On my 2006 Mariner Hybrid, purchased in April, the mileage is averaging 30.5 mpg. The computer said 30.6 and my last fill was 13.8 gal for 423 miles traveled. I reset the computer after the last fill and the avg is now 31.3 mpg. Mainly mixed highway and in town driving.

30mpg average? I am jealous. How are you getting that? I just bought a Mariner Hybrid 2 weeks ago and I am NOT getting the mileage I expected. So far averaging around 25 mpg (this is my 3rd fill up). I drive 70 mile round trip everyday to work. Mix of city/traffic driving and highway.

When I test drove the Mariner at the dealership my first question was, "So what do I do when it doesn't get the mileage it claims to get?". He told me he would guarantee it would. Guarantee? I asked him even if he guaranteed it still what would he do if it didn't? He said he would have it checked out by the mechanics and adjusted so that it would because it should.

Well... here I am at 25mpg. I know that the escape clause is alway, "It depends on how you drive it." but I assure you I am trying my very best to drive it conservatively so that the electric motor does more of the work. I am really trying but really.. how hard should I try? I am not flooring it I assure you.

Don't get me wrong I still like the vehicle a lot. I traded in a gas guzzling 98 Ford Expedition, and although I wasn't crazy about the small size at first the vehicle is very nimble & fun to drive. I got the premuim model with leather and navigation system, great stereo, etc. and I am still saving big time on the gas mileage difference.

I just wish it would get the mileage it claims. I already talked to the delaership and he told me to put about 3000 miles on it and if I am not happy still to bring it in.

Any thoughts?

After 2500 miles, I found that the mpg was ranging from 26 to 29 mpg. I recently hit the reset and after a mix of street and freeway driving, I'm staying in the 30s mileage now.

Simi Livin, the Mariner Hybrid gets is real mileage advantage in CITY driving. If your 70 miles is mostly highway, I doubt you will see much of a difference from a regular 4cyl Mariner.

I, too, was expecting the Mariner Hybrid to include the 110v outlet. I did notice it was not on the option list, but I was assuming that was because it was a standard feature.

I am surprised that the higher-end Mariner would not have something that the Escape offered.

I am getting an average of 26 in "suburban" driving. a few lights but most roads 35-40 MPH.
    Not near what the 33 MPG city is supposed to get.
    Highway driving is much better at 29 MPG which is dead on for the AWD Mariner sticker.
    I'm hoping an adjustment will help , I'll be asking at the first service interval. Currently at 2000 miles.

It could also be the temperature which I have heard affects the battery and I am constantly running the AC. I get better mileage if I accelerate slightly downhill and coast uphill where possible (less strain on the engine brning less gas. This varies the speed so I can't do it when other cars are around. Based on another message I'm going to try low gear.