+ Reply to Thread

Squeaking in Escape Hybrid

I have an 05 FEH, have about 7200 miles on it - I am hearing A LOT of squeaking coming from the middle console and the driver seat - no, I'm not overweight!! . Has anyone else had this experience. My husband brought it into Ford and they said there really wasn't anything they could do that these hybrid vehicles were made with less insulation to keep the mileage low. This is just driving me nuts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hi Janel-
    You are not alone in this problem. I've seen it posted on other boards as "the squeaky mattress sound..." My Escape HEV does the same thing when I get in and out of the passenger seat, and I'm 5'4" and weigh 126 lbs. It doesn't make the sound every time, but most. Is yours squeaking while driving, too? That would bug me...

Hi Joan, yes, it totally squeaks when I drive and it's getting worse. I don't know what to do about it. Thanks for your reply.

You might try spraying the squeaking area with silicon spray. I think you can get it at most automotive places or the auto area in Target or Walmart. It shouldn't hurt anything as my neighbor in the upholstry business uses it to clean really expensive materials. It is also great to spray on your seat belts to make them retract more easily. I have never had a problem with it staining anything.