+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My husband took our prius in

My husband took our prius in to get the head light fixed. They wanted 275.00 I said no lets check it out! he said he was leaving, now they are going to do it for 50. Can't figure that one out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

For automatic updates on

For automatic updates on Action taken against Toyota on the headlight issue, How to do it yourself, Class Action updates, and other info become a Fan of this page

- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prius-...n/195351592664

To see a Video on how to change the your headlights yourself for only 50 bucks go to the Facebook Page and watch this video

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QPvUgs9Bgo

Own a 2004 level 6 with

Own a 2004 level 6 with 140K, while I really like this car the HID lights are awfull. My wife has complained for years and refuses to drive it, especially anytime near darkness. My question has anyone tried converting the HID head lamps to the halogen lights (or is this not possible)? I'll probably not buy another Prius unless Toyota actually fixes this problem.

After I insisted heavily

After I insisted heavily with the Rockland County Toyota dealership they finally agreed to replace my driver side HID light for free. Today (02-JAN-2010), I am getting a letter from Toyota USA, stating that the claim that the ECU controlling unit needs to be replaced is wrong. The problem can be solved with replacing the HID bulb only, and Toyota states that such should not cost more than USD 150 - if you paid more, and your dealership charged you for an ECU replacement, Toyota USA is going to reimburse you. This is for all 2006 - 2009 Toyota Prius models.
    Hope this helps. It's a shame that Toyota and its dealership network played hardball for so long.

I have a 2006 prius, and the

I have a 2006 prius, and the passanger bulb kept going out. I could get it on by turning off the car and back on. Toyota fixed the bulb, because the car was only 2 years old and less than 36K miles. Now I have the driver side light winking out. It restarts with the switch off and on recycle.

I see a lot of prius cars in our HOV lanes, with on light out. i think the problem is very prone to the HID optioned prius (came with option 6 for my 2006).

I cant find an aftermarket bulb replacement, Sylvania will not sell to me and Advance auto, cant order it either.

Get me on the list of folks uset with this issue.

Thanks,
    Rick Lent 703-455-9596

I own a 2006 Prius, with

I own a 2006 Prius, with approximately 98000 miles and I'm having the same problem with the passenger Head Light - dealer said it had to do with a seal around the bulb that keeps the bulb cool, and if seal is faulty, the bulb will go out to prevent over heating. Recycling the lights helps, but honestly, not the best way to drive in the dark. The fact that the bulbs are so expensive is ridiculous...

2005 infinity r passenger

2005 infinity r passenger hid light out after 2 ballast replacements

I have a 2007 Prius with 25k

I have a 2007 Prius with 25k miles that has HID lights. Yesterday the passenger side headlight went out while driving in on a residential street. I stopped the car, shut the lights off, then on, light came back on. Toyota needs to do a recall on this safety issue. I can't imagine what would happen when both headlights go out on a dark highway at 55 mph.

2008 prius with 48,000 miles

2008 prius with 48,000 miles and intermittent passenger side head lamp. not happy

We are getting many calls

We are getting many calls with that problem..We have D2R bulbs in stock at $69.95 pair...Are they Toyotas??? No, they are imported by us with a 1 year warranty..