+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

If there is a class action

If there is a class action suit, I would like to be involved.
    Here ware guess if the problem is the computer, the ballast or the bulb. Why doesn't Toyota simply do a recall and fix it. We could be years chasing this problem at considerable expense. ntimm

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

This is scary. We don't

This is scary. We don't really know what Toyota is replacing when they charge all this money. Either that or we are over-thinking the problem set. Experience says: could very well be Toyota is sneaking another replacement part into the installation without telling us. I am ripping mad. ntimm

While driving in the rain

While driving in the rain with my passenger headlight out, yesterday, I saw another Toyota Prius with the passenger headlight out so I thought I'd jump online to see if this was a common problem. Surprisingly, more so than expected. I have not gone to the dealership yet as I know this will be pricey. Any update before I spend the cash I don't have?

Just got back from the

Just got back from the dealer with the same problem as others here...both lights go out. Won't come back on until I turn off/on the switch.

The dealer here wants $345 a piece just for the lamps. I didn't even ask want the install price would be.

Anyone have success with replacement bulbs? Any word on a class action?

I'll just keep turning them off/on until...

I have an 2007 Prius bought

I have an 2007 Prius bought May 8 2007, It now has 86,000 miles on it. Up until about 2 months ago my car was running fine. Then the head lights started going out. I would turn off the switch and turn it back on and the lights would come back on. The lights have a mind of there own. One will go out and the next time the other will, and a couple of times the boths light have gone out at the same time. Now the tire pressure light has come on and I can't get it to go off. I love my Prius and am driving the wheels off of it. But was doing a little investigating to see if any one else was having this problem, and I 'm glad I did. I have an appointment to get them fixed on the 24th.

I'm trying to install the

I'm trying to install the hid myself to save money, got Phillips online for $70. toyota won't sell the bulbs even to car audio dealers, they want the big bucks for themselves. The Toyota bulb is $75 but the dealer wants $380. Pretty ridiculous mark up I'd say. Probably a little price fixing scam as well. Toyota also trys to say the computer is involved and you can't do it yourself. We'll see.

My Prius is currently at

My Prius is currently at 55,000 and the dealer says one of the headlights is starting to flicker. Estimated cost was around $450 for the bulb and $570 with installation.

Don't feel so bad now. Have

Don't feel so bad now. Have 2004 Prius with 295,000 miles. Driver headlight just now flickering.

I have a 2005 prius that I

I have a 2005 prius that I bought as a with a salvage title. Every thing is great except the Hid light that was installed after the collision keeps going out after 5 minutes of use. I wander if ther is some balast/ driver in there that is faulty? I hate to pay big bucks to get this fixed. any ideas.

2008 Prius with 45,000 miles

2008 Prius with 45,000 miles on it and same issue- the driver's side headlight is on when i start the car and quickly goes of, staying off for the remainder of my drive. the mechanic at the Toyota dealer says that it's overheating and going off as a precaution not to start a fire. finally replaced it at $150 parts, $40 labor here in Cincinnati