+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

2008 Prius touring w/

2008 Prius touring w/ driver's side headlight out.

I bought new bulbs online, replaced the one at fault to no avail. I switched the bulbs and the passenger side continued to work while the driver's did not. So I now have 4 perfectly good bulbs but only one working light. It is obviously not the bulb so I assume I have no choice but to take it in. Any other suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Has your replacement job

Has your replacement job held up with no probs? Did you you end up hooking up the high beams via the fog light switch? I have an '06 Prius with the same prob (started a year ago)- dealer wants $400 for bulbs and labor to install both bulbs. It looks like even after replacing the bulbs, I might end up with same prob. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

That is an expensive light

That is an expensive light bulb! http://www.fusioncleaning.com.au/

I've read tons of froums

I've read tons of froums that state that the Prius HID bulb is a D2R bulb, i bought a set for my fathers 2008 Prius. The D2R buld did not fit. The correct bulbs are D4R. Hope this helps everyone.

Just bought a 2007 Prius

Just bought a 2007 Prius with 79000 miles, and without warning the driver's side headlight went out.This happened on a very dark street My wife almost hit someone who was walking across the road. This is a very dangerous situation. I checked the l-800-746-3614 HID claim line and no help after 5 years or 50,000 miles. I love Toyotas, but this is a real stick in the eye. They definitely need a recall, but, after the class action suit, they have done all they are going to do. I am thinking of posting my comments on Facebook, but, first I am going to make some other calls to see if there is any wisdom left in the organization. Question, can I substitute halogen bulbs for the HID bulbs?

Too expensive. Can't you

Too expensive. Can't you just replace them with a different cheaper bulb?

Bought my first prius and

Bought my first prius and another model came with:-
    1. auto retract window
    2. HID
    3. Day running light

after just one month. While the sales guy said there will not be a newer model coming soon enough for probably till next year. WTF bulls*&t is that? Is this how u manipulate the asian market. Comparing the price sold for prius in malaysia to the states, uk and australia. Just not worth it. My next hybrid will be a nissan and goodbye toyota!!!!!! Phet Tuik

We are manufacturer of hid

We are manufacturer of hid lights. we product high quality and low price hid products. You can visite our website to check. http://www.popnow-hid.com

I can not believe some of

I can not believe some of the people on this forum. Are you telling me that if you had a normal halogen bulb then you would sue if it were to ever go out. The problem with the prius HID headlights is not the bulbs but instead it is the ballast resistors that power the bulbs. The ballast resistors are a part that will go out and become bad after a period of time, they are not something that is ever suppose to last the life a vehicle and the HID bulbs have never been said to last the lifetime of a car either. The reason for the ballast resistors to start going bad is because they are under tremendous heat and tend to overheat. At least when they do start to go bad and go out, you able to turn them off and turn them on and they go back on so you can limp back home with headlights. That doesnt happen if you have normal halogen headlights and they go out when you doent want them to. Anyhow the fix s actually a very simple thing, just order new ballast resistors either online or from your local dealer, I found some online for just about 125 compared to the 300 the dealer wanted. Then take your bumper cover off and take out your headlight housing then take out the resistor and put the new ones on. I was a autobody tech for 15 years so this was all very easy to me but for those of you that it isnt then I found a couple of videos on youtube that explain and show how to do all of this with great detail. When i fixed mine it took about 2 hours and it should only take 4 for someone that is new to car repair. All i ask is that people stop being so sue happy and maybe do some research and learn something.

I am at Longo Toyota El

I am at Longo Toyota El Monte, CA as I write this. I'm replacing my passenger side bulb. $338 for part and labor + tax. Insane.