+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I think your Toyota dealers

I think your Toyota dealers are poor in the US, here in the UK our franchise dealers have an excellent reputation and service.... I had a number of abnormal problems with a Toyota which was a problematic car other driver of the same model love it... i was just unfortunate but having a good dealer that sorted it out makes the difference, that's why Toyota do so well in the UK.

Makes me laugh how you all like to throw at lawsuit at anything over there, may need to get it in perspective.a bit ;-)

Hope you all got it sorted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

You must help out by going

You must help out by going to the National Highway Safety Administration web site and filing a complaint (www.NHTSA.gov) It will take you about 5 minutes and you will need the VIN number of your vehicle. If enough people who are having this problem complain, Toyota will likely have to issue a recall and pay for the repairs

You must help out by going to the National Highway Safety Administration web site and filing a complaint (www.NHTSA.gov) It will take you about 5 minutes and you will need the VIN number of your vehicle. If enough people who are having this problem complain, Toyota will likely have to issue a recall and pay for the repairs

CHECK THIS

This is John from Girard

This is John from Girard Gibbs LLP, one of the law firms for the plaintiffs in the Toyota Prius HID Headlights Class Action Settlement.

A BRIEF REMINDER:

The deadline for mailing claims is May 30, 2011.

Everyone will be considered for reimbursement who paid to repair an HID bulb or electronic control unit (ECU) on their 2006-2009 Toyota Prius and who submits a timely, valid claim:

(1) For repairs within 5 years & 50,000 miles of the carís original sale or lease date, the reimbursement will be in full. This includes repairs after 5 years or 50,000 miles, if you can show the problem began within that time frame.

(2) For repairs after 5 years & 50,000 miles, YOU SHOULD STILL SUBMIT A CLAIM if you want to be reimbursed. These claims will be paid on a case-by-case basis, based on factors listed on the Toyota Class Action Claim Form.

Keep in mind that this is just a brief reminder -- not a complete list of the details of the settlement. Please visit www.GirardGibbs.com/Prius.asp and read the Toyota Class Action Notice for more information about deadlines and eligibility requirements. The settlement requires final court approval (a hearing is scheduled for August 1, 2011), before it will go into full effect.

Dear Sir or Madam, * This

Dear Sir or Madam,
    This is Justin Tsang From the leading car assesories manufacturer - Gpusi Electronic Science & Technology Co, Ltd. in China.
    We would like to introduce our HID series of car head lighting,parking sensors system, rearview camera and all kinds of LED lighting of cars to you. Our products are high quality because of the materials control independently on purchasing and strictly test again and again before leaving factory.

Our products have been approved by RoHS ( European ), CE ( European ), E-Mark ( European ) , and have gained favorable reception from our distributors and customers.

Our products are exported to worldwide with the low failure rate, competitive price and best-selling in the car accessories market. We also promise the long lifetime warranty on each item.
    It is our pleasure to welcome you to browse our web site www.gpusi.com
    If you would like to get the competitive price list or any details, Please feel free to contact us.All best regards!Justin TsangExport Dept.Gpusi Electronics Science &Technology Co.,LtdAdd: 31-6,West Dongfeng Road,Dong Ping Town, Baiyun District, GuangZhou, ChinaMobile: +86-15820260586Tel: +86-20--38073325 Fax: +86-20--38073325Email: justintsang@yahoo.cn www.gpusi.com*

I have the same issue with

I have the same issue with my 2008 and have been turning them off then back on to fix them however the durations of time that they stay on is getting shorter and shorter. I have been stopped by the police 3 times now for a broken headlight. I am curious if you ever resolved this problem and what it took. I have 128k miles on mine and out of warranty, even the extended warranty I purchases.
    Jack

Interesting . . . I've had

Interesting . . . I've had the same problem ever since I bought my Prius (2008) and the dealership replaced the first one but now this one is acting up too. Yep, passenger side again; so I went out and bought two new headlight bulbs at AutoZone [Sylvania Xtravision #9003XV-2 for $25] which is "the middle of the road" according to AutoZone. I haven't installed yet; in fact, I was looking up the procedure on-line when I read your comments. I am now thinking that maybe I should take them back and go complain to the dealership. Would appreciate your take on this whole thing.

Side note: 118k miles on vehicle; first headlight problem happened within the first five months and was out of warranty but they covered it anyway (maybe they knew something???). This one is now about 3.5 yrs since the first problem. Not bad considering . . . but sure would like to it corrected once and for all. I do a lot of night time driving.

Did you ever figure out the

Did you ever figure out the headlight problem?
    I have a 2001 infinity QX4 and the headlights go out
    One at a time after try have been on for a minute or
    So. Thanks.