+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

i have a 2005 white prius

i have a 2005 white prius and i've had two HID lights replaced under warranty. toyota service has been very good about it. They need to handle this with class and speed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

i have a 2005 white prius

i have a 2005 white prius and i've had two HID lights replaced under warranty. Toyota service has been very good about it. They need to handle this with class and speed.

http://remote-pc-access-software.us

My 2008 prius passenger side

My 2008 prius passenger side HID bulb has gone out. Please let me know if you have any info

Amazon.com sells it for

Amazon.com sells it for about $45
    Sylvania 39657 D2R HID - High Intensity Discharge Lamp, Pack of 1

Youtube install instructions:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDBnC...eature=related

I have a 2008. The passenger

I have a 2008. The passenger side went out at 34 months. Dealer said it is between 550 and 1900 depending on if it is just the bulb or the power supply too. I did not want these bulbs but I needed the number 4 package t get the phone blue tooth. I find it frustrating that I paid extra and the stock ones are far more reliable. I own a 2002 and all the bulbs still work. I have a 1998 Tacoma and all the bulbs still work. I see a lot of Pruis cars in my County with one light out. Toyota has lost my loyalty and trust.

I have a 2008. The passenger

I have a 2008. The passenger side went out at 34 months. Dealer said it is between 550 and 1900 depending on if it is just the bulb or the power supply too. I did not want these bulbs but I needed the number 4 package t get the phone blue tooth. I find it frustrating that I paid extra and the stock ones are far more reliable. I own a 2002 and all the bulbs still work. I have a 1998 Tacoma and all the bulbs still work. I see a lot of Pruis cars in my County with one light out. Toyota has lost my loyalty and trust.

I'm looking at buying a 2007

I'm looking at buying a 2007 or 2008 Prius. Do all Priuses from this year have HID headlamps? If not, what are the other type called?

Thanks!

The other type of headlight

The other type of headlight is the standard Halogen, or sometimes called tungsten-halogen headlight.

I own a 2008 Prius that I

I own a 2008 Prius that I bought new. It has 38000 miles on it. The headlamps started going out intermittently a week or so ago. Tried to remove a bulb but the car is built so that the front bumper cover has to be removed to do so. Dealer informed me of the extention to the warranty and I have an appointment to get the bulbs replaced on the 2008 car. If the bulb lasts only this short time I will face replacing them again while I own the car. My wife owns a 2006 Prius, also bought new, and which now has about 75000 miles on it. Same problem has happened with the headlights going out. The dealer said it will cost nearly $400 to replace the bulbs and there is no warranty relief. We are not pleased with Toyota for this reason.

i purchased a new 2006 prius

i purchased a new 2006 prius in march of 2006. the HID headlights have failed more than 6 times since i purchased my car. toyota paid for all the replacements except a labor charge in 2009. NOW, AGAIN, the left light has gone out. according to the latest settlement disclosure, my lights are under warranty because they began failing shortly after i bought my car.

it's now been 6 days since i reported the latest problem and nothing from toyota yet. the price of the bulbs has gone down from $300 to $179, but for a disabled veteran living on social security, that's just a little toooooooooooo much. let's see how they handle this. perhaps it's time to try a honda. but i love my prius.