+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Wait until 1 Jan to buy your 2006 Hybrid

I have a deposit on a hybrid highlander, N grade base model, no package, floor mats only, V 6.
    I will buy and put into service this SUV after January 1, 2006.

(see below my previous tax benefit claims)....If I buy it with my money as a gift for my adult daughter, am I eligible to take the deduction on my taxes if the title is in her name at point of purchase?
    I do not want the title in my name. I want to take the deduction allowed under the Energy Bill if possible but would not worry too much if my daughter had to take it on her and her husband's tax return.

My husband and I previously bought a Prius (2006 calendar year) and a Lexus 400h Hybrid (calendar year 2005) and we use these two cars. we took the tax reduction benefit for these cars (still to do on the 2005 purchase of Lexus).

My daughter and her husband bought a Lexus 400h (hybrid) and want another hybrid. They will take the tax benefits on one or both if necessary.

My concern is to properly document the purchase in terms of title and who is the actual Buyer (pays for it).

thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I made a typo in my last message :
    "My husband and I previously bought a Prius (2006
    THIS IS THE TYPO... IT WAS BOUGHT IN 2004

calendar year) and a Lexus 400h Hybrid (calendar year 2005) and we both still use these two cars. we took the tax reduction benefit for these cars (still to do on the 2005 purchase of Lexus)."

Correction:
    We bought the Prius 2004 in 2004 and claimed it for 2004 taxes. We bought our second hybrid, the Lexus, in 2005 and will claim it on 2005 tax return.

the question arises:
    may the Energy bill tax benefit be taken by a buyer if it is a gift to someone and the title is not in the buyer's name?
    Also, is the title required to be in the Buyer's name?
    thank you.

Although this place can be a good place for advice, I would recommend you talk to a tax accountant or an IRS rep. They are more likely to provide you with good quality answers.

I'm picking up my highlander hybrid next week. I ordered it mid. Dec. It arrived on the lot today...
    Dealer has been very easy to work with. Saved 2,500. off MSRP. Some dealers will bargain. It may have helped puttine the deal together in Dec. while the hybrid sales were tanking. I have been told the dealer will process my sales info. to Toyota and they will be sending a certification letter to our home. The tax credit really helped me to decide to purchase my car after Jan. 1st 2006. Be diligent shoppers and get yourself a bargain.

Way to go Savy... You inspire me. Where there is a will theres a way. I'm having a hard time locating white limited w/ grey interior. Has anyone seen one? I'm not to crazy about the ivory interior... Carl

Got my prius 06 yesterday. Has the IRS figured out how we can apply for the tax credit??? There must be some sort of form we can use to apply for the tax credit since there is a 60,000 cap per manufacturer. Does anyone have any current info???

I've driven my new 6HCH about 7,000 miles now - pretty much all work-related highway miles.

Just achieved best mpg of 70.6 on a 400-mile non-stop one-way trip Monday, January 9, 2006.

I did this - despite those of you who think I'm full of it - by driving 58 miles an hour WITH the cruise control engaged. No kidding. I even had to turn on the emergency flashers out on the long freeway trip to keep from being run over... Now THAT'S a problem I'd like to see Honda figure out !!! : )

Those of you complaining about 30 or 35 MPG are probably driving your 6HCH's like Acura TL's and mashing the gas pedal. You're gonna have to adopt a new style of driving if you want to see some really fabulous MPG numbers... and short in-town trips with a cold motor and a heavy foot are the exact opposite perscription from what the hybrid doctor ordered.

Drive it like a priest in a funeral - what I like to call my PIF driving style - and you'll see some great MPG's too.

Let me know what you think... here's my name, email addess, web page as well as a new blog I just started about the Civic.

Remember - fabulous mileage, FANTASTIC resale value, car of the year awards left and right, and a pretty good looking little car to boot. What could be better. OH - virtually NO pollution ?

COOL.

Bill Trail, Owner & President,
    Penny Customer Software, Inc.
    657 River North Blvd.
    Macon, GA 31211
    billtrail@bellsouth.net
    http://www.billtrail2006civichybrid.blogspot.com/
    http://www.pennyfinance.com/

In Oct/05 I ordered a '06 Prius, and here it is almost May and still have not received delivery. Couldn't wait any longer so this past week-end I purchased a Honda Civic Hybrid. Now, after almost 8 months, I am getting calls from the Torrance dealer indicating I should receive delivery in May. If some one would like to buy my queue---holler. I ordered black, beight leather interior, keyless entry and GPS---the vehcile has everything Toyota was offering!!!! The price the dealer quoted for the car (without tax and license) was $29,500. I will sell my queue for $2,500. James

Well the Toyota Prius in Houston is available on lots here in Houston. No need for anyone to pay for a spot in line on a list. And 2500?? geez. Scummy!