+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Which oil company do you

Which oil company do you work for?????????? Acetone will not harm any of the components of your engine including the elasterometric seals when used in small concentrations of 3 or less oz. per every 10 gallons of fuel. The reason that it's not in the fuel already is because the oil companies would lose profits. Why do you think that they are adding ethanol to our fuel now!!!!! So we have 10% less fuel mileage and they can sell us more fuel for rediculously outrageous prices. As far as unproven, I have been adding a mixture of acetone and a few other solvents to my fuel for 4 years now and have not had any problems directly related to the additive. Oh Yeah, did I mention that I'm getting 36.5 miles per gallon from a general motors 5.3L V8 in a 4x4 truck??? Sounds like it's been proven to me......

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Acetone is not that

Acetone is not that expensive- you can buy a gallon of it at your local Home Depot or Paint store. Don't use anymore than 3 oz. per 10 gallon is what 's usually recommended. Don't waste your money on expensive additives- acetone will work as well or better.

It works and won't harm your engine like the ethanol.

Combine it with an easy to build Hydrogen Generator and get 40%-50% increase or more- we build and install as do others around the world and results are incredible!

Increase Gas Mileage-Use Water for Gas

I think it may work, but i

I think it may work, but i am not exactly sure about the frictional damage that has been caused to the engine combustion.

higher the octane rating

higher the octane rating means the fuel is less exsplosive and burns cooler. the higher octane fuel is for higher compression engines so that you dont get detination meaning the fuel is burning to early in short words. i dont know why everyone thinks that it has more power. if ur engine is built to run 87 octane like 8.5 to 1 compression it will be slower/preform worse on 93 octane

my van is 1997 astro van v6

my van is 1997 astro van v6 before using acetone my mileage
    is 15 mpg. i filled 10 oz. acetone (100%) along with lucas
    fuel treatment 16 oz. (for internal safety of the engine) in 25 gallons gasoline full tank, after few miles of aggressive driving i notice
    a lot of difference, the accelaration is smooth and forcefull (without
    hesitation), i also observe the engine temperature 2 bar less (engine
    a little bit cooler), after consuming half tank, i took the miles run
    and fill up ( full tank), i divide the distance made by half full tank and it reads 22.5 mpg ( distance made = 230 miles/10.2 gallons < half tank
    filled up to full tank). morover the exhaust smells fruity smell, not
    unburn gasoline. i also monitor engine performance by obii scanner
    monitor and all parameters are normal, i'm just surprise with the new mpg. ( my astro van is 13 years old with 198,000 mileage but still
    strong and no problem. i also use restore engine treatment every
    change oil with pure synthertic engine oil since i bought this
    astro van. well no harm in trying acetone as old saying risk taker
    are rewarded with astounding new mpg on old high mleage van.

I put 60 ml to my little

I put 60 ml to my little bike Kawasaki JOY R 125cc in 3 litres Premium Unleaded fuel, almost 4 years, almost everyday red line, the fuel system not yet damaged, no leak, very clean engine valves, and from the results that I see with my own eyes I'm not going to listen any 'scientist' that says the simple phrase 'did you ever think how much damage you are causing to your engine?', engines that are running smoother will also benefit with more MPG or KPL , same pressure on gas pedal with more power, so you will press the gas pedal less to have the same speed

I think in adding an acetone

I think in adding an acetone in gasoline, it can be good, but it might damage up your car parts like the Fuel Injectors and the like. If ever that happens, you need to really change it with some parts that Delphi and other branded name parts will provide. I'm sure things will be at ease if you try to really monitor it first.

Remember when they first

Remember when they first started putting alcohol in gas. Some cars really got screwed because there gaskets were not compatible. Now imaging having a car that you cannot put alcohol in but every pump has it because it was made law. The fact of the manner is there are so many additives in gas already, all being solvents of some kind or another. So if your car can take an ethanol blend at the pump including all those harsh solvents gas comes with, some acetone in the tank is no threat to the system at all. And just for the record. Even though people are talking about small amounts 3 oz per 10 gal it's not like it is detrimental to add more. I put 30 oz to a tank and it was fantastic. Cold starts were super smooth, idle acceleration and cruising all improved greatly. Mileage got better to despite people saying, "Oh! only add three ounces and measure precisely...bla...bla...bla". The real reason for people recommending such a small amount is that acetone is expensive and people are trying to add the least amount they can get away with but the fact of the matter is you can run up to ten percent acetone in gas and it will work fine as high octane fuel (Expensive). Don't worry about lubricity unless your adding it to a diesel. To much in a diesel IS BAD.

I've mostly heard 2oz per 10

I've mostly heard 2oz per 10 gallons. Not 2oz per gallon and that over doing it causes problems.