+ Reply to Thread

Student Seeks Quotes from Hybrid Owners

Hello, I am a student writing a paper on hybrid cars (benefits to environment and financially, gas mileage etc) and would like to get the opinions and quotes from owners to help me with the paper. If anyone would like to give me some quotes feel free to post here or email me. I've done some of the research and just need some quotes from owners to add to my paper. If you could just talk a little about the basic benefits from owning a hybrid, and even any problems you may have it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hi Aaron,

Here's what I can tell you.

I used to drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee 80-90+mph on the highway. I drive at least 30k miles a year. While I can afford my gas, I felt 16mpg was pretty awful for that many miles (That's 1875 gallons of gas!) and I'd be better suited for a Sedan or something with better fuel efficiency. Once I began this search, I came across the hybrids and my interest was sparked in the Prius. The only concern I had was how it drove - I was skeptical that it would have decent acceleration. I found it was just great and traded in my Jeep.

I'm now getting 50mpg on average after having driven 2500 miles and amazingly enough, I've completely changed my driving habits. Since my main goal with a new car was to improve fuel economy, I've been driving with that goal in mind now and stick to the speed limit (or 10mph over) on the highways. I've also found that I'm much more relaxed driving and have no desire to be as agressive as I was before. It's a great feeling and I love thinking about all the money I'm saving The only thing I may miss, is being able to tow this winter (I own 2 snowmobiles), but before settling on the Prius, I made sure I could borrow my Dad's truck, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I haven't had any maintenance done yet, so I can't speak to that.

Matt

In my perspective, the advantages of having a hybrid are many. One thing is that great emissions are guaranteed (on most models). On top of that, you get fuel economy that is better than any econo car, without any of the typical sacrificies in features or size. I have a 2004 Prius and am continually am amazed by the engineering of this car. The more I learn about it, the more I am impressed.

Similarly to Matt, I was concerned about the "real-world" capablity of hybrids. One test drive was all it took to change my mind. While I am definitely environmentally conscious, there is no way that I would not have gotten the Prius without a test drive.

Also, I have noticed a change in my driving habits as well. Not only has this increased my mileage, it has decreased my stress while driving. I was an assertive 23 year old when I got the Prius, I always was looking for ways to get ahead of the pack. It didn't take too long for me to figure out bad this was for gas mileage and the futility of this driving style. Now I arrive at my destination much more relaxed and contrary to what I previously believed, at pretty much the same time. As a psychologist in training, I can appreciate the therapeutic nature of the car. It has become part of my stress relief.

In terms of a hybrid premium, I don't feel like there was one. My wife and I would have gotten a Camry if we hadn't gotten the Prius and we would have paid practically the same amount.

I still do keep track of my gas and my overall mileage. I am very satisfied with my lifetime mpg of 48 mpg (with there being many less than 5 minute trips). We have went almost 21K miles and spent only $880 in gas. Compared to our other car, a Ford Taurus, we would have spent over $1900.

Beyond the gas savings and low emissions, I think it is just a great car. I haven't had any problems so far, but I do plan to buy the extended warranty, just in case, with the display and some of the other components being rather expensive.

If you want hundreds of

If you want hundreds of quotes by a leading hybrid student researcher turned writer, just click here:

http://johnacheson.blogspot.com/

If you would like to interview me,
    send an email to
    johnmba@sbcglobal.net

Thank you,
    John

If we shift the source of

If we shift the source of our energy and change our transportation system , there is on question that we can solve the climate crisis.

Parwin Mards

http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/PArw...09859455755430

If we shift the source of

If we shift the source of our energy and change our transportation system , there is on question that we can solve the climate crisis.

Parwin Mards

http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/PArw...09859455755430

yum on my mouth.

yum on my mouth.

i agree with Luke. -_-

i agree with Luke. -_-

i agree with Luke. <3

i agree with Luke. &lt;3

When you get a free of

When you get a free of charge online debt consolidation quote, you are also ahead a valuable assessment of your financial situation. In arrange to get more free quotes. http://www.allbestmessages.com/quotes/Great-Quotes.php