+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Why not make a hybrid

Why not make a hybrid convertible? Is there a reason they are not being made? I have a Prius and a Mazda Miata Convertible. I would like to combine them so that we only have one car. A convertible with enough seating for four and get 50-60 mpg. A foreign car is suppose to come out in 2011 that is cheap, hybrid, and get 50-60 mpg, can get convertible, but it is very small.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I would buy one. It would be

I would buy one.
    It would be nice if they could make one that could carry a couple of sets of golf clubs.

And even more importantly make one that didn't have to be bought through a car dealership. Maybe auto makers could have one model in their fleet that they'd require dealers to keep on the lot as a demo (for test drives), and also require them to provide service for it, but the actual purchase would be done directly with the manufacturer via the web, with all fees transparent and no car lot sales managers involved. Getting the dealer out of the transaction could help bring the price down low enough where the average consumer might be able to afford the added expense of a car being both a hybrid and a convertible.

I drove convertibles for 20

I drove convertibles for 20 years and switched to a hybrid due to a 63-mile commute to work. The industry desperately needs a hybrid convertible. Count me in.

I sure hope a hybrid

I sure hope a hybrid convertible gets into the market by 2011. I will be ready to buy by then. After all, who wants to speed with the top down? I want to cruise nice and slow around town, what a perfect car to be a hybrid. Yeah!

Count me in. I want a hybrid

Count me in. I want a hybrid convertible too!

Man, this thread is four

Man, this thread is four years old. I'm tired of holding my breath

Yes, yes, yes. What the

Yes, yes, yes. What the hell is the problem. Usually a gap in the market is soon filled, but here we obviously have a lot of marketing folks who say there is no major market for a hybrid convertible. I think they are missing the boat. My check book is out, my pen poised to write---I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!

I want a BMW Hybrid

I want a BMW Hybrid convertible too! 3 Series. No need for a SUV, i think they are big waste of our precious energy!

Me too! Landed here because

Me too! Landed here because I am looking for a hybrid convertible. I hope that by adding a comment I will receive updates if anyone posts that they found a good one!

This thread is going on for

This thread is going on for 5 years and still no hybrid convertible!!!! I am in the same boat as everyone else. My BMW Z4 lease is up. Not interested in a sedan, SUV etc - I am a convertible girl all the way. I find it truly bizarre that there are none on the market.