+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I too am in the market for a

I too am in the market for a hybrid convertible and anxiously await their existence!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

It would be great have the

It would be great have the driving experience of a convertible while driving a car that is also eco friendly.
    Car manufacturers should not force us to have to choose between having the luxury of a convertible and being green. Even if the aerodynamics of a convertible cause it to not get the same level of fuel economy compared to other hybrids it would still be better than the average convertible on the street today and an option I would like to have when spending my automobile dollars. The first one to come out with one will get my business.

The Tesla Roadster just

The Tesla Roadster just started its production line today (4/13/08). There is now a convertible pure electric supercar in production. There's over a year's backlog of orders but they will be delivering them now.
    If you've got the money and you want a luxury sportscar that's the greenest car on the market, it is now available!

I'm with you guys. I fell in

I'm with you guys. I fell in love with the Saturn Sky - and planned to buy next year, but now I definitely want a hybrid. I know there are a few out there - but not affordable. Come on car manufacturers, we're ready - the demand is here so what about the supply.

Me too, me too. I want a

Me too, me too. I want a hybrid 2-seater rag-top more than anything on the road now. But, certainly can't afford a Tesla.

I've been bugging the heck out of my local Miata dealer....

I understand where you guys

I understand where you guys are coming from. There's no reason that Ford couldn't put the FEH hybrid drivetrain into a Mustang convertible or Toyota could easily come out with a hybrid Solara convertible based on the already existing Camry Hybrid.
    Don't hesitate to tell your dealer or call your favorite manufacturer's hotline and let them know exactly what you want.
    I recommend you tell them that you're waiting to buy a new car until they offer you what you're looking for. By waiting, you can save up your money to more easily afford a hybrid convertible. I suspect market demand will drive the price up a lot initially.
    I posted the customer service hotline numbers on other threads but here they are again:

Chevrolet (800) 222-1020

Ford (800) 392-FORD (or 800-392-3673)
    Ford Motor Company, Customer Relationship Center, PO Box 6248, Dearborn, Michigan 48126

Honda (800) 999-1009
    Honda Automobile Customer Service, 1919 Torrance Boulevard, Mail Stop: 500 - 2N - 7D
    Torrance, CA 90501-2746

Nissan (800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261)
    Nissan Consumer Affairs, P.O. Box 685003, Franklin TN 37068-5003

Mercedes-Benz USA (800) FOR-MERCEDES or (1-800-367-6372)
    Customer Assistance Center, 3 Paragon Drive, Montvale, N.J. 07645

Mitsubishi (888) MITSU2007 (or 888-648-7820)
    Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., PO Box 6014, Cypress, CA 90630-0014

Saturn (800) 553-6000
    Customer Assistance Center , 100 Saturn Parkway, MD-371-999-S24, Spring Hill, TN 37174

Subaru of America (800) SUBARU3 (or 800-782-2783) | email
    Subaru of America, Inc., Subaru Plaza, P.O. Box 6000, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-6000
    Attn: Customer/Dealer Services

Toyota (800) 331-4331
    Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. 19001 South Western Ave. Dept. WC11, Torrance, CA 90501

Thanks to Plug-in America for pulling these all together.

I just wonder why the

I just wonder why the automakers think that hybrids must mimic gas guzzling SUVs. You can be young (pardon the expression) hip and be environmentally aware. I want a cheap cool car that doesnít cost an arm and a leg to operate, and is kind to the environment. I donít think that is much to ask for.

Well, in general, there has

Well, in general, there has been a LOT of resistance to anything that consumes less fuel... lobbying forces attack any attempt to mandate efficiency increases, tear up emissions standards that at one point let to a half decent and affordable pure electric, etc... if, all of a sudden, efficiency (hybrid, electric, whatever) became sexy, profit margins for fuel would be harmed in the process... so yeah, it's going to be a battle to get LARGE or established auto makers to produce fun, attract AND efficient vehicles. That's no reason to give up, however.

Sorry, a couple

Sorry, a couple typoes:

...that at one point LED to...
    ...fun, ATTRACTIVE and efficient vehicles...

Peugeot has a diesel hybrid

Peugeot has a diesel hybrid coming out
    http://www.autobloggreen.com/2006/05...id-307-cc-hdi/