+ Reply to Thread

physics behind hybrid car motor

just curious to know more about the physics electric motors in a hybrid electric car. sites would also help. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

physics behind hybrid car motor

If you put motion into a motor/generator, it produces electricity. If you put electricity into a motor/generator, it produces motion. This is illustrated at http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...genmot.html#c1.

In Honda hybrids, the motor/generator is rigidly connected onto the output shaft of the gas engine, sandwiched between the engine and the transmission. The car's computer handles the switching between being a motor or a generator - whether to put energy into the battery or take energy out of the battery. (The Prius is more mechanically complicated.)

The physics is actually pretty simple - the basic concepts were applied over a century ago.

The physics of this is quite

The physics of this is quite simple. Take the Lexus hybrid: it has 2 motors 1 electric, 1 on gas. Until 20km/h it runs on gas then it switches to electric. It has 230hp and a urban consumption of 8%. I have one of those Roadtrek motorhomes at this moment but that will change in the near future. Can't wait for a hybrid motor home to come out!

hello please say information

hello
    please say information about hybrid cars (generator rotate, speed, uotput voltage, ...)
    thank you

If you want to know more

If you want to know more about this, you should definitely read about flexible-fuel vehicles, you can find this information all over the internet or you can ask people who are more familiar with this field. I have talked to some guys from Miami Jeep dealership and they told me pretty much the same things I found on the internet. They know a lot of stuff about hybrid cars.

I drive a hybrid car. When I

I drive a hybrid car. When I decided to buy a car, I went to some car dealerships Plymouth MA. When I told them I want a hybrid, they talked a lot about physics. So, I believe that if you decide to buy yourself a hybrid car you will definitely find out all the things you need to know.