+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

I own an 08 FEH FWD and

I own an 08 FEH FWD and average 32-34 miles per gallon. I love it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

What people need to remember

What people need to remember is the constant stop and go traffic is what increases your gas mileage. When your vehicle breaks it recharges the battery, when you start from standing still it uses the electric motor and then engages the gas engine. The longer your commute and higher speed you travel the worse your mileage.

As for the batteries, there are still many many toxic items in them regardless of what you have been told. Many are manufactured oversees because our environmental laws would not allow economical production or them or safe disposal of components.

I own a Toyota Highlander

I own a Toyota Highlander Limited and I would say that I average 21 MPG and that's an average of what I get all the time. If I am actually driving consious of MPG and I drive like an old man I mean like the slowest starts from stoplights....pissing people off and making it to 40MPH in like 30 seconds I can average around 27MPG in the city

Have any of you tried to

Have any of you tried to boost your mileage even higher with a Water Hybrid conversion? With the gas mileage increases we are getting on normal cars, I would love to see someone put it into an electric hybrid and see the results.

We may run a promo out here in CA and install a system for free on a volunteer hybrid.

Let me know if anyone has tried it yet, or if you are interested in trying it. Imagine getting another 20%-30% increase in gas above what the electric does....

Bob
    Increase Gas Mileage-Hybrid Water Car

hybridman, I look forward to

hybridman,
    I look forward to your promo.
    I highly recommend that you do the following:

- Take 2 vehicles of identical type (if they are used, you'll need to get some sort of authentication that they are identical)
    - Give them both to a certified, independent lab that can do EPA gas mileage certification on a dynamometer.
    - Have the lab inspect both vehicles to be the same, then give you one of the vehicles.
    - Modify the vehicle you're given using your system.
    - Take the modified vehicle back to the lab
    - Let the lab run the EPA test on both vehicles. If your car requires anything else, you'll have to have it checked out by the EPA lab as well, including the amount of watt-hours of electricity used by your generator.
    - Get the lab to publish the result and certify the mpg of both vehicles using the standard EPA tests.
    - If the results are favorable, then, I'll probably consider you as being genuine and might even give you a try myself.

In the meantime, it is Buyer Beware for your scheme and I don't have time to waste on you so please quit spamming this forum.
    (You're welcome for the free consultation)

do you still drive the 2007

do you still drive the 2007 camry hybrid and does your mpg change in cold weather? i am looking to sell my 1996 passat tdi to get a 2007 hybrid but want to make sure i will get equal or better fuel mileage--40+mpg. thanks for your help

NO, if you are buying

NO, if you are buying premium, STOP.
    Do a google search for "OCTANE"
    You will find that the "HIGHER" the octane the LESS flammable the fuel is, its confusing I know, but its how it works.
    Think about this, Diesel fuel takes a higher temp to ignite, there for in a sense it has a "HIGHER" Octane and is LESS flammable. ( not that diesel is rated that way). Now think about the fact that diesels are high compresion engines the fuel is ignited by the heat caused by the high compresion, not a spark. If you was to put gas in a diesel engine you would get whats called "fuel knock" meaning that the fuel is igniting to soon because it is more flamable. The same consept applys to gas just in in smaller increments. Drag cars use High octane fuel because they have higher compesion engines, therefor they must use high octane fuel so that the fuel doesnt ignight to soon causing premature ignition from More flamable fuel or "Lower octane fuel" Dragster use like 120 octane, standard cars use 87 octane
    Think about this as well if you put deisel in a small cup open to the air and then do the same with gasolene, leave them for awhile. When you return the gas will evaporate and the desiel will not ( maybe some) That is becuse the gasoline is more flammable and ignites at a lower temp. Acohol evaporates at room temp because it is Highly flammable and needs little heat to burn.
    Alcohol racers must adjust the timing so that the fuel burn at the correct "timeing"becuase the fuel is more flamable.

Every day cars are mass produced and fabracating the engines to tighter more precise specs would be more time consumeing. So the engines have lower compression and need more flammable fuel to run correctly. And if you think about it this is why the standard gas engine is NOT very effecient, it just doesnt burn the fuel as well due to the lower comprssion.
    So in short LOWER (87) octane fuel is More flammable
    HIGHER (93) octane fuel is less Flammable
    Using Higher octane fuel is just a waste of money because it doent ignite as soon. The engine just doesnt burn it as well.
    If you dont beileve me, Just do a google search on "octane"

1986 Suzuki SA-310 (3cly)

1986 Suzuki SA-310 (3cly) gets 53hwy/45city 5-speed

I have an 80 mile daily

I have an 80 mile daily commute. Some highway but mostly 2 lane @ 55-60 mph. Am considering buying the new Ford C Max and am wondering if todays hybrids are made to handle this kind of commute. I presently spend around 380.00 a month on fuel for a vehicle that gets 21 mpg on a good day. Any thoughts? 12/4/12

Question Why aren\'t hybrid MPG\'s much higher if the trips are brief enough for the battery?

Why are hybrid MPGs not much higher if the trips are brief enough for the battery to be able to fuel them? I am thinking of buying my first ever hybrid or electric car, but the MPGs that I am seeing here make me wonder. Ordinary combustible engine cars that I have driven in the past got around 25 MPG. What I am seeing here for hybrids is not much better, surprisingly enough. Any thoughts please?
    Last edited by HoustonHybridFan; 07-13-2014 at 08:33 AM.