+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What's the actual mpg for all hybrids?

For all you hybrid owners out there. What's the mpg you're getting. I'm interested in know since I want to purchase a hybrid myself. Just fill in the numbers next to the name if it applies to you. Thanks.

Silverado:
    Escape:
    Sierra:
    Accord:
    Civic:
    Insight:
    RX:
    Mariner:
    Highlander:
    Prius:

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

My Honda Civic Hybrid gets 45-47 MPG - but a lot of my driving is at 70+ MPH.

Honda Civic Hybrid. Average ~65MPG but has been as high as 69.2 and 941miles/tank. I'm squeezing every bit of energy out of every insignificant speck of vapor.

Some news reports that the prius get around 35 instead of the posted 60 on the window. Sounds a little sad

I've averaged 52 MPG after 10K miles on my Prius. Fairly normal driving habits, not hot-rodding or hypermiling. My freeway stop-and-go daily commute is pretty ideal for the Prius, I believe.

I have had a Honda Civic hybrid for 7 months now and for the past 2200 miles I average 39.7 MPG
    in a combination of conserative hwy and city driving and using the a/c about 1/2 the time. I don't believe it is possible to acheive what the sticker says @ 48 MPG.

Peter, if I drive my 2003 HCH at/below the speed limit, I can easily get 50+ MPG. Much of my ~100 mile daily commute is at 70+ MPH, and I get 42 MPG on a bad day.

Do you have the "ECON" button pushed? Does your engine shut off at stoplights, etc?

I get 49.6 mpg driving my '05 HCH manual (life of car average). I routinely get 50+ mpg in the summer, less in the winter. Running a/c hurts average as does underinflated tires, but even with normally inflated tires and a/c on I average 43+ mpg.

My '05 HCH gets roughly 48 MPG city, 51 MPH highway. In the winter, the city average is lower, around 45 MPG, due mostly to my short commute and the car not getting a chance to warm up.

I don't really do anything special other than to drive the speed limit or slightly above.

My observation is that for highway mileage, you should always be able to get the stated EPA estimates (or better, in my case) by just going the speed limits. For city driving, a lot depends on your situation -- length of commute, amount of traffic, number of stops, etc.

after purchasing my hch 05 one week ago, driving 165 miles per day to work, mostly highway. I am getting an avg. 50 plus. MPG>