+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

does anyone know for sure that no toll is needed when one person is driving a pruis across bay bridge?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

May, payment of the toll (via FasTrak transponder) is required on any of the Bay area toll bridges for solo drivers in Priuses and Honda Civic and Insight hybrids. Read http://www.mtc.ca.gov/services/fastrak/hybrids.htm and the FAQ.

Thanks Paul. But doesn't that mean i have to get out of carpool lane in order to pay bridge toll?

No, May. You stay in the carpool lane and the FasTrak transponder automatically takes care of paying your bridge toll - you blast through the toll gate without even slowing down, and the toll is deducted from your VISA account once a month (or however you arrange to have it paid).

The only problem is when you actually have a carpool in your hybrid and your toll is free, you have to rip your transponder off its Velcro holder and put it in its radio-frequency-shielded metallic plastic bag to avoid being charged.

Can anyone explain to me why we need to put the stickers on the driver's side of our cars? If we are in the car pool lane, the driver's side is not visible to any of the other lanes

Maria, the cop who sees you driving solo in the carpool lane wants to see your sticker quickly, so he can go on to the next solo driver who _doesn't_ have a sticker. And that cop may be in front of you, behind you, or on either side of you.

Sent my application and check on Nov 19th. Check cleared on Dec 5th. Received stickers on Dec 10th.
    This does not suck!

Plates & HOV stickers arrived the same day. # 386nn

Expect delivery within 5 days of your check being cashed.

A side question, for a 2005 Toyota Prius, how often does it need an oil change? My dealership suggests every 2500 miles.

Got stickers!
    Be interested to know how the carpool lane pick up the fastrak transponder on bay bridge? It looks like carpool lanes bypass all the tolls.