11/03/06 Got plate number, Fastrak tag, mailed to DMV
    12/12/06 Check Cashed
    12/14/06 Got a letter from DMV with sticker # 842xx
    01/03/07 Got sticker from DMV

BTW, I live near San Jose

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Opened mailbox this evening (1/4/07), dug through mail, saw the DMV envelope, my insides jumped...
    Dried the car off due to the rain, put the stickers on, goin in the HOV lane tomorrow, even if I don't need to!!!

So it looks like the DMV mass mailed all the stickers.
    Good luck to all who recently applied and who are still waiting!

Sticker #850xx

Got stickers!

Had my first solo Carpool ride today!

Sticker #868XX

All the best to rest of the guys waiting for the stickers!

New to the blog

I am stressed BIG TIME! Just mailed in my APP today! What are my chances of getting a sticker? I am in LA. Any response would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by HOVer View Post
    Opened mailbox this evening (1/4/07), dug through mail, saw the DMV envelope, my insides jumped...
    Dried the car off due to the rain, put the stickers on, goin in the HOV lane tomorrow, even if I don't need to!!!

So it looks like the DMV mass mailed all the stickers.
    Good luck to all who recently applied and who are still waiting!

Acck... I ran out to the mailbox today, but no sticker yet! I sure hope it comes tomorrow or I'm going to be rather panicked! I did get the letter a week ago so theoretically its on its wayI hope!

Okay, got em. Whew!

bjfila, Not sure what the current situation is, but it's quite possible they are out by now. You should call tomorrow. The phone number is up in this thread if you look through it.

Quote Originally Posted by redbarron View Post
    Okay, got em. Whew!
    Congrats redbarron!! See you in the carpool lane!!

Redbarron, I am happy for you...congrats!

Checked another forum and read that the DMV has about 2000 stickers left and a back log of about 2000..... "Feeling Lucky?"

I am upset with the dealer who sold me the car. I paid cash for it on Dec 22nd. I called the dealer on Jan 4th to get an update and he gave me my plates. I honestly suspect they had been sat on someones desk for the last couple of weeks!
    Now I am really on the border line of getting these stickers!!

I called the DMV number this morning and the woman who answered said that as of today they have 2000 stickers left to issue and that they were still accepting applications. I asked whether they had 2000 in addition to the backlog and they said yes. She said to give it a week or two then check to see if my check cleared. This information is contrary to what I've been reading but at this point am optomistic she is right.

I bought my honda civic hybrid on 1/2/07 and the dealer walked in my application and got me plates in hand on 1/4/07. I mailed my application morning of 1/5/07 and am also waiting.

Found this on another forum, thought I would share the wealth...

Q "What is the status of the 10,000 additional carpool stickers for hybrid cars that were supposed to start rolling out Jan. 1?"

A "Owners of the Honda Civic and Toyota Prius hybrids, plus older Honda Insights, you still have a shot at those coveted tags that allow solo drivers in these vehicles to use the diamond lane. The Department of Motor Vehicles has sent out 5,945 stickers since Jan. 1 with an additional 1,962 being processed. That leaves nearly 2,100 still available."

MERCURY NEWS-1/09/07

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/16416620.htm