+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by redbarron View Post
    I'm so glad for you HOVer. I was feeling guilty that they processed mine before yours even though they got yours first.

Yea, it was a nerve racking month. I'll be checking the mail eagerly on Jan 3 (and probably 4 and 5, but hopefully not much more than that!)
    LOL...thanks for your concern!! The funny thing is that my payroll at my workplace always seems to come in after everyone else's too, even though we all do direct deposit. It must be a WAMU thing or something. I'm just glad it didn't get lost in the mail or have an error on the application!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

My check was just cashed by the DMV today....

My schedule...

- Bought car on Dec 6th
    - Dealer issued plates and did electronic registration
    - Sent in check to DMV on Dec 7th
    - Check cleared on Dec 20th

Check Cashed!!!!!

Application to DMV- Nov 30
    Checked Cashed- Dec 20

The Race is On

I bought my Prius 12/19

Dealer won't get plates til the loan is funded ;-(. Said this will probably be 4 days.

Fastrak now requires a license plate number before they can issue a transponder

All forms filled out, just waiting for that plate number.

Hoping I don't fall outside of the new 10,000!!!

Check cashed

Bought Prius on 11/18
    Got License Plate # after dealership confirmed funding on 11/22
    Mailed(Regular mail) application to DMV on 11/22
    Check Cashed 12/22

Hoping to get my sticker next year!

All the best!

Happy Holidays and New Years!

Question

My check showed up on-line as cashed. Does that mean we will be getting stickers?

Accept - The answer is Yes. Merry Christmas!

bought car w/ stickers

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I have a question. I bought a used 2005 HCH with carpool lane stickers already on it. The rear bumper sticker is missing. That made me concerned as to if the stickers were ill-gotten. I already know how to apply for replacement stickers through the California DMV, but I was wondering if there is a way I can check that these stickers indeed go with the car's VIN, or if the previous owner simply took them off someone else's car and put them on the car I now own.

I want to make sure that a) these stickers belong with the car, and b) get a replacement sticker so that I have all of them, instead of only the two the car came with.

Word to the wise, dealerships do not know anything about this process, so don't ask them about the stickers because they are totally incompetent (or at least pretended to be so when asked).

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Just call the DMV # (916) 657-8035 and they should be able to match the VIN with the sticker number and confirm whether or not they belong together.

Now that a lot our checks have been cashed, and it's January 2007, I wonder when the DMV is planning to distribute the stickers...Will it be all at once or will they be mailed in the order they were processed at a rate of 200 per day???

EDIT:
    I just talked to a lady at the Sac. DMV, she couldn't give any definitive answer regarding how the stickers are going to be sent out (en masse or progressively), but she did say that if the check had been cashed, it was a good indicator that the stickers will be arriving within a couple of weeks.