+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 80 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast
    Hmm. my check was cashed on the 26th and application received on the 14th. Still no stickers.

Is there a number to call and follow up to ensure they were not lost/stolen?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Thank you...

...to those of you who take the time to share when your app was received by the DMV, when your check was cashed, and when you received your stickers. My app was received on 10/18 but the check has still not been cashed (but I also still have not received any 'wait list' letter), so I keep checking here for updates from people with similar timelines to see what's up. Many thanks!

my stickers received timeline

My app was received by dmv 10/16
    my check cleared on 11/6 (though online i didnt see it cleared until 11/7)
    i got my stickers on 11/8

Quote Originally Posted by xman559 View Post
    Hi,

After I read this thread at the end of October, my wife and I got a
    conclusion that we must stay in line even though we could not get one of
    first 75K stickers.

So, I acted quickly.

11/1 1:30 PM Got car key from Stevens Creek Toyota, San Jose

I have everything ready: form to DMV, $8 check, postal stamp, envelope...
    waiting for plate number.

46 hours later ...

11/3 11:30 AM Dealer told me the plate number.

11/3 12:30 PM Got FastTrk transponder from S.F. customer service center

11/3 1:30 PM dropped the mail at the post office.

So, the sticker application was mailed to DMV within 48 hours of purchase
    (2 hours after I got the plate number) .

The reason I chose that dealer was because it filed vehicle registration
    electronically. And, they have Hybrid in stock.

Not everyone in that dealer knows that I can get a plate number in 2 days.
    A guy told me "It takes several weeks."

The sales person's name is Ryan. A nice guy.

Good going with the quick turnaround!!

I had a similar experience as yours with knowledge about the stickers...

I bought my Prius on 11/3 and started researching the sticker process AFTER I took it home. I came to realize that I better get movin' so I called the dealer about the plates, the receptionist was like "duh, that usually takes 2-3 months!"

I asked if I could talk to someone else, she said that I should talk to the person who handles the DMV applications. I found out that they do DMV runs weekly and call back 11/10. I called today and found out that they already had the plates in hand, so I got the number and sent the application out today.

It seems like the dealers are eager to sell the cars, but are generally clueless about the stickers. I'm kinda surprised that dealers don't have a setup ready to go for new hybrid buyers (like a preset process including electronic registration, REG1000 forms, FasTrk, etc.)

It's really up to the buyer to be educated and motivated about getting it done.

Below is my timeline:

Friday, 11/03 (6 pm) - I bought my Prius from Toyota of Glendora.
    Monday, 11/04 (9 am) - I went into the dealership to ask the DMV person for assistance.
    Monday, 11/04 (12 noon) - Dealership called me at work with a plan to send a runner to the DMV on Tuesday.
    Tuesday, 11/5 (4:00 pm) - The runner called from the DMV with my license #.
    Tuesday, 11/05 (4:15 pm) - I took my application to the post office and sent it priority mail.
    Thursday, 11/07 (6:26 am) - My application was received by the DMV (signed by W Aguilar).

Not bad for less than one week! I owe the dealership DMV person and runner a few Starbuck gift cards!

# of apps received for new 10,000 stickers?

First... thanks everyone on this board for the great info.

Does anyone know how many applications the DMV has received so far toward the 10,000 stickers to be issued Jan 1 (meaning, how many of the new 85,000 limit are yet to be applied for)? I was planning on buying a Prius this weekend, and called the DMV yesterday to find out--forgetting that yesterday was a government holiday. I'm a little nervous about buying now since the dealership isn't willing to promise any particular time frame to get me a license place number.

You can call the Sacramento DMV directly to obtain an update: (916) 657-8035. I plan to give them a call on Monday.

Let me know if you get any information.

Thanks Kate. I'm going to try and call first thing tomorrow and will let everyone know what they say. I did some calculations based on earlier messages on this board, and it looks to me like they must have enough through later this month, even assuming the pace from September has kept up. But it would be nice to be sure.

Looking forward to hearing what the DMV has to say...

I'm also curious as to how the DMV plans to keep all those apps in order. I'm assuming that it will be first come first served, and that they'll process the application, issue it a sticker and number, but not send out the actual sticker until 1/1/07.

Maybe when our checks are cashed we'll be able to find out whether or not a sticker has been assigned to our registration (or not).

I was assuming it was going to be January for me until I got home on Friday and found my stickers waiting

10/13: sent in application regular mail
    11/10: check posted in onlinke banking
    11/10: stickers arrived with an 11/9 issue date, #824xx

Good luck everyone.