+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

Ethan, the diagram is right, by definition: It's from the DMV! (Rule Number Two: When the boss is wrong, see Rule Number One.)

But just in case you get stopped by the police for not having the decals in the right position, carry the envelope in your car along with the DMV document that says your hybrid really is a hybrid. If you clearly followed the directions on the DMV envelope, you shouldn't get in trouble.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Does anyone know for sure if the 2006 Civic Hybrid will qualify for the HOV sticker? I just applied for my 2003, but I am trading it in for the '06. Do you think it will make a difference if I use those stickers on my '06 instead. Since I am not sure what will come first my new car or my stickers.

Rae, your carpool-lane stickers are tied to the license plate and VIN number of your 2003 car. You should start over. (Same with your FasTrak transponder also, if you're in the SF Bay area.)

They cashed my 8$ check on Sept 8th, two weeks after I sent it in the mail. It is now Oct. 17th and I don't have my stickers yet. Almost 5 weeks since they cashed my check! It is frustrating every day that I sit in traffic when they have already spent my money! I called the Air Resource board and they said it can take up to 6 weeks after they cash the check. They said they will do a search for it after the 6 week time frame. That is government speed for you! In the South Peninsula, San Jose area, I have only seen two other hybrids that have the stickers.

I read that the Hybrids can use the FastTrak lanes with the transponder and that the toll is deducted everytime......so I beleive we do have to pay the toll if there is only one person in the car......but, what if we have more than one person? Will the transponder automatically still deduct the toll from our account?

I don't like the fact that South Bay folks have to by the transponder accounts, I probably go over a bridge once or twice a year and that is usually with friends or family for a weekend trip!

Thanks for the info on this site.....it is helpful!

Kari, somewhere on the DMV website (or maybe it was the Fastrak website), I read that if you actually have enough people to make a carpool when you go over the bridge, then you have to put your transponder into the mylar bag so it won't get read. I think it also said they won't issue credits if you forget.

Hi, everyone. This is an emergency and I am looking for someone who owns the car that qualifies for the yellow sticker and already driving in the carpool lane solo, since we are a TV production company planning to do a news documentary show about the whole sticker thing for Japanese news stations. We just want to do a short interview who owns the qualified car and shoot a driving scene when he / she is on the freeway in the carpool lane. Please contact me if you are interested in ASAP at runa-info@runaentertainment.com because the shooting date will be on the 27th of Oct. (Next Thursday) If you live in Los Angeles area and would like to cooperate in this documentary show or know someone who will be able to, please contact me. Thank you so much!! Amy

Can I get a carpool sticker before I get my plates? What do I fill in for the "Vehicle License Number" on the application?
    Thanks

I received my stickers yesterday, 10/23, after submitting the application on 9/19 and DMV cashing my check on 10/13.

I thought I read somebody's post about applying a clear film to the bumpers in order to safely remove the sticker (if needed). Has anybody tried this?

Thanks to the posters on this site, I learned a lot about the dos and doníts of sticker application.

To folks waiting on their stickers, I say hang in there the time saved on your commute will dissipate your initial frustration.

Good link:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg1000.htm

Tony, keep in mind that applying a clear film to the bumpers in order to safely remove the sticker may make it easy for somebody else to remove the sticker intact and use it for themselves.

I just took one of the big stickers and placed it on the lower part of the rear window, below the rear windshield wiper on my Toyota Prius. It's clearly visible and if a CHP officer or local cop finds me in the HOV lane by myself and DOESN'T see it, then let him pull me over. I have the permit, I have the sticker, I have a qualifying car. i would love to argue that point with a cop who tells me my stickers are not correctly positioned.