+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

I'd be happy to get these stickers. I own a Ford Escape Hybrid and I learned that there is no advantage for me on the Highway or crossing the Toll Bridges. I have a dog to take with me every day and there is no way he could ride with me in one of the little Honda Civics. The priviledges for using the Carpool lane end Jan 1st 2008, what happens after that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Just got replacement stickers postmarked 9/08/06:

Should I be concerned about buying a car now and not being able to obtain a sticker

Take a few seconds to send the governor your vote to support AB 2600

http://www.govmail.ca.gov/

Yeesssss

I have been worried after reading many of the recent postings that there may not be any stickers left. I bought a Prius in August and didn't think about walking the DMV paper work through to get my plate numbers faster. I recieved my plates on Septemeber 7 and immediately sent in my paper work to DMV. I just found out my check cleared today 9-19-06. DMV stamped the check on 9-16-06.

Can't wait to get my stickers. The time savings will be huge with my commute.

Thanks for the link to support AB2600, let's all take the time to send our input and get this program extended!

Hybrid owners are basically being compensated for saving the environment and being less dependent on oil. There is also a considerable trade off between driving a luxurious car and an economy hybrid car. You will soon find out about the discomfort to drive a hybrid. Yes, on top of not being air polluters and addicted to oil, hybrid drivers are simply trade off the comfort of driving a luxurious car with more time. Hybrid owners should agree with my points, I hope.

For AB 2600: I don't agree with your "discomfort" point. I've put 115,000 miles on my 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid in three and a half years, and find it quite comfortable. (And my wife finds her 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid quite comfortable, too.) But I certainly don't mind saving the environment and buying less gasoline.

Paul, let me tell you that I feel more comfortable to drive my 92 Lexus than to drive my 06 Honda Civic Hybrid. The Honda Civic Hybrid makes more noise and there is not so much room inside. But that is just my opinion!

Here's my timeline:

8/20/06 - Purchased Honda Civic Hybrid
    8/29/06 - received plates from dealer after significant arm twisting to obtain on our behalf
    8/30/06 - express mailed application with money order
    8/31/06 - confirmed DMV recv'd application and begin wait...
    9/20/06 - received stickers 75,9XX. paperwork shows that DMV processed on 9/14 and mailed on 9/15.

Good luck to those who mailed their applications in after 8/31/06.