+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

Thank you to everyone who has provided information and insight on the process for obtaining the clean air stickers. Good luck to those still waiting.

I got my stickers in the mail today Sept 2nd - #73,182.
    I had originally submitted my paperwork without the license number and that paperwork was returned asking for a copy of the registration. On August 15th I got the license number from the dealer who had registered the car electronically and overnighted my application again for receipt by the DMV on August 16th. (I didn't give them a copy of the registration since that request crossed in the mail with my second application. I learned on this site that they wanted the license number due to a problem with fraud which is why I resubmitted.) The check was deposited on August 26th clearing my bank on August 29th. They mailed my stickers August 30th.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

WOO-HOO ... I stil have a chance with 1,818 stickers still out there ...

Guess what? There are presently more than 1,818 still out there! Folks who applied and DID NOT have thier TAGS WERE ASSIGNED A NUMBER and were not issued stickers. My understanding is when they get to 75000, those who are next in line will get those previously held lower sticker numbers if those folks didn't re-apply WITH A TAG # by the 75000 point.

HOOOO HOOOOOO!!

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that there are that many still available.

People are sharing what sticker number they are "receiving". There are still hundreds if not several thousand applications in the system from several weeks back.

Anyone just putting their application in this week are behind all those people who have been waiting from several weeks back.

I am not trying to discourage anyone here. I found the REAL information shared here very useful. I just don't want people to be mislead by someone's wrong interpretation of the data.

Roger -did you get your sticker yet... or are you one of these that pre-maturely sent yours in (LOL)?Let's keep this discussion positive. Arguing about facts in a waste of time. OBTW you wouldn't want to discurage those who have a good chance of getting a sticker by applying now would you?

As of August 15 ...

As of last Wednesday (Aug 9), the state Department of Motor Vehicles had issued 62,831 yellow carpool lane stickers to hybrid owners, and another 3,319 will be issued soon, said spokesman Steve Haskins. That leaves 8,850 still available. The DMV receives about 220 applications a day for the stickers, but about 20 percent are rejected -- usually because the applicant applied before receiving license plates.

Confused? Let someone else do the math. "We're estimating it could be another eight to 10 weeks before we hit the cap," Caesar said. "If you apply in the next few weeks, you stand a good chance of getting your stickers. But we make no guarantees."

Think of it like this. I doubt that the number on the stickers that folks are reporting have anything to do with how many are left.

I'm sure that they don't have just one big stack of stickers that the DMV personnel are taking off stickers from 'one by one' in consecutive order. These stickers are already perprinted ... and my guess would be that they have several DMV wokers assigned to this task, and each are given a section of that stack of stickers to work from (and when they run out, ther are given more) ... so they aren't going to be issuing them in order ...

... don't you think?

You Guys are a bunch of baby's just live with it. the stickers are yellow . the have to be easy to see from a distance

A little late, but better than never:

7/12-app sent
    7/24-check cashed
    7/27-issued
    7/28-postmark

Sticker #-6884X

Thanks for all the feedback

Here we go:

08/07/06-bought car at Toyota of Escondido, CA and asked them to expedite the license plate and then send the app for the clean air stickers. They assured me that since they generate their own plates at the dealership (big dealership!) that it would be done within a few days and they would then send off the completed app with my check. I signed on the dotted line and was done.

08/14/06 - plates arrived
    08/24/06 - check cashed by DMV
    08/29/06 - postmark on my lovely stickers that arrived on Saturday, September 2, 2006!

Sticker #HE0728xx

I need to clean the car from the travel from this weekend and then the stickers are going on. Sweet!